How many grams of protein do you take in on your carb refeed day?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Just curious to know where you set your protein at on high carb days?

How many grams per pound of bodyweight? We all know that on normal days protein should fall between 1 and 1.5. But when you have your re-feed day for carbs, how many grams of protein do you take in?

yotreeman

yotreeman

Awards
Tbh I'm pretty sure if you're taking in a reasonable amount of carbs and fats on normal days you can easily get away with .7-.8 grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight.

that's basically all I came to say lol

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Tbh I'm pretty sure if you're taking in a reasonable amount of carbs and fats on normal days you can easily get away with .7-.8 grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight.

that's basically all I came to say lol
So on high carb days you would take in around roughly 0.5 grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight.

Right now Im cutting at 75 grams or less of carbs a day. So my protein is right at about 1.5 grams per pound.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
For those who are on low carb diets, I say eat as many carbs as you want on high carb day. Enjoy the day for what it is, a day to replenish your body and relax the mind. Some guys are taking in 800-1000 grams a day! Make sure to keep the protein moderate and fat as low as possible!. Do not overdue the protein there is no reason to. Its high carb day for a reason which is to spike insulin and replace glycogen.. On your 6 other days of the week especially if you are taking in 100 grams or less of carbs, these high carb days will be beneficial to your workouts and mental game. Keep the cardio in your routine and you should be completely fine. May have a little bloat and water retention but that is completely normal and will be gone in a couple days. Drink plenty of water so your body flushes it out! I recommend not even paying attention to the scale during this time. Repeat every 5-6 days and weigh yourself again near the end of the following week. To be assured all water retention has been eliminated and to get a more accurate weigh in. Personally my high carb days fall on Fridays or Saturdays so I always make sure to weigh myself very early on Friday mornings around 4 am. Every single week I hold water for a few days but its always eliminated by the time I weigh myself after a week of being back on low carbs of 100 grams a day or less. As most of you know on here, always weigh yourself first thing in the morning when you wake up, and without any clothing or jewelry such as watches.

Some guys even like to have two high carb days a week. Find out what works best for you. Only way to do that is to experiment and see for yourself.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious to know where you set your protein at on high carb days?

How many grams per pound of bodyweight? We all know that on normal days protein should fall between 1 and 1.5. But when you have your re-feed day for carbs, how many grams of protein do you take in?
Your title and your original post are not asking the same question.

In regards to a refeed, guidelines I have usually read are:

Protein at 1 gram/lb of body weight
Fat - as low as possible, maybe 50 grams
Carbs - Should take up the rest of your macros

Calories should be set slightly above maintenance. Remember, refeeds are used during cuts. Here is an example. If your cals are at 2000 for your cut and you weight 170 pounds, it should look something like:

2,200 cals
Protein - 170 grams (680 cals)
Fat 50 grams (450 cals)
Carb - 267.5 grams (1170 cals)

If you are simply carb cycling, hence a high carb day, I would keep protein where you keep it throughout the other days (low carb, moderate carb). Here is a good reference.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex

Are you trying to following a carb cycling plan or are you cutting a need a refeed?

ECC

ECC

Awards
For those who are on low carb diets, I say eat as many carbs as you want on high carb day. Enjoy the day for what it is, a day to replenish your body and relax the mind. Some guys are taking in 800-1000 grams a day! Make sure to keep the protein moderate and fat as low as possible!. Do not overdue the protein there is no reason to. Its high carb day for a reason which is to spike insulin and replace glycogen.. On your 6 other days of the week especially if you are taking in 100 grams or less of carbs, these high carb days will be beneficial to your workouts and mental game. Keep the cardio in your routine and you should be completely fine. May have a little bloat and water retention but that is completely normal and will be gone in a couple days. Drink plenty of water so your body flushes it out! I recommend not even paying attention to the scale during this time. Repeat every 5-6 days and weigh yourself again near the end of the following week. To be assured all water retention has been eliminated and to get a more accurate weigh in. Personally my high carb days fall on Fridays or Saturdays so I always make sure to weigh myself very early on Friday mornings around 4 am. Every single week I hold water for a few days but its always eliminated by the time I weigh myself after a week of being back on low carbs of 100 grams a day or less. As most of you know on here, always weigh yourself first thing in the morning when you wake up, and without any clothing or jewelry such as watches.

Some guys even like to have two high carb days a week. Find out what works best for you. Only way to do that is to experiment and see for yourself.
It's doubtful that most would get any significant benefit from this in terms of fat loss. At least if we're talking getting super lean! Who's to say anyone needs a re-feed once every 7 days? And even with a re-feed after 10-12-15 days it doesn't necessarily mean someone should eat 800g of carbs. It tough to generalize such a thing.
But if that's working for you I'm f***ing jealous. That's a lot of Frosted Flakes my friend

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
It's doubtful that most would get any significant benefit from this in terms of fat loss. At least if we're talking getting super lean! Who's to say anyone needs a re-feed once every 7 days? And even with a re-feed after 10-12-15 days it doesn't necessarily mean someone should eat 800g of carbs. It tough to generalize such a thing.
But if that's working for you I'm f***ing jealous. That's a lot of Frosted Flakes my friend
I'm starting fasted cardio again in the morning for the next two months. Carbs will be lowered under 50 per day because if this. Only thing I will take in will be a scoop of protein after cardio.

ECC

ECC

Awards
I'm starting fasted cardio again in the morning for the next two months. Carbs will be lowered under 50 per day because if this. Only thing I will take in will be a scoop of protein after cardio.
Yeah... that's low! I mean.. I get it.

In order for me to get super lean it's more a matter of how long I can go on just 50 grams of carbs a day before I see performance start to decline, and or my HRV going in the wrong direction. Like I said before, that could be a month or even 8 weeks depending on what stage of my diet I'm in. If I'm recovering, performance is well relative to how lean I am, and I have some sort of fullness...I'd rather keep it moving.
I've just always gone by something more than just a certain day of the week.