How much is this?

Sharlaralphie

Awards
so I go to my local supermarket and buy their brand of boneless skinless chicken breasts. they are bigger than my fist almost both of my fists. how many ounces do you think this is?

EpicSlaughter

EpicSlaughter

Awards
I would recommend buying a food scale... Amazon has plenty from about 10-20 bucks for a decent budget priced scale. However, general rule of thumb is a fist size chicken breast is about 5 oz, so if it's a 2 fist size 10 oz. You said slightly smaller, so as a mere guess 8 oz.

Sharlaralphie

Awards
Okay, thank you for replying, im definitely gonna get a food scale :)

EpicSlaughter

EpicSlaughter

Awards
No problem, happy to help out. A food scale is key when tracking macros.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
so I go to my local supermarket and buy their brand of boneless skinless chicken breasts. they are bigger than my fist almost both of my fists. how many ounces do you think this is?
A food scale would be best, but you can always estimate by the total weight of the package too. Say for example the package is 3lbs of chicken, if you're aiming for 4oz meals you can take the 3lbs (48oz) and divide by the size you want for each meal - 48/4 = 12. Then separate the food into 12 meals.

This isn't as accurate as a scale, but it's better than nothing

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
It all depends on ur fist size...