macro/ supps/ nutrition help a

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Hello I'm just posting this because I'm finishing up a cut at the moment and then going to begin a lean bulk after.

For my cut I've logged every day on Myfitness pal and I've been hitting my macros and I would say it's been a decent first cut. But for my lean bulk I wanted to optimise my nutrition/diet to ensure it would get the best run through with my lean bulk that I will be Doing soon.

For the Macronutrients and calories

After my finsh my cut, I'm going to have to refind my maintence calories, I will log for 7-10 days trying to identity what my maintence is and will try to stay at Maintence calories for a week just to make sure it's my maintence. My stats 6ft 1, from visuals @12% body fat currently at 166.8 Lb. I train 5 times a week. 18 years.

I've been cutting st 2,300 losing ruffly about 0.5-1lb per week, so I'll just add calories slowly from 2,300 until I reach maintence should how much would u suggest I add per day? So I've been having my protein higher for obvious reasons just to make sure I don't lose any mass about 1.2 g /lb.

*Should I keep the protein high or should I lower to 1 g / lb for lean bulk ?
*For my carbs, I've been hitting like 230-250 on my cut, but how much would u say I should alter them to for the lean bulk, how do I determine the carb goal because I have in the past eaten 500g and felt great but I don't want to gain fat easily what would u recommend because I think I perform better at high carb but I don't understand really by how much is beneficial to me really

and for fat intake I'll keep it at around 20%

For training
I was thinking on doing Phat/PPL 5 day program for my lean bulk to gain more size and strength

For supplements

Whey protein -in either morning / or after sesh
Multi vitamin - debating weather to get orange triad
PES ABE- need to get
Xgels - need to get
Cluster Dextrin- I guess this would help me reach carb goal

Cardio - currently being doing for my cut like 2-3 hit but once I start lean bulk will have to cut hit because it destroy CNS with the heavy compounds so probably would say LISS cardio on rest days

I know there's a lot to digest in this guys but would appreciate it some one gave me some advise for my lean bulk

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello I'm just posting this because I'm finishing up a cut at the moment and then going to begin a lean bulk after.

For my cut I've logged every day on Myfitness pal and I've been hitting my macros and I would say it's been a decent first cut. But for my lean bulk I wanted to optimise my nutrition/diet to ensure it would get the best run through with my lean bulk that I will be Doing soon.

For the Macronutrients and calories

After my finsh my cut, I'm going to have to refind my maintence calories, I will log for 7-10 days trying to identity what my maintence is and will try to stay at Maintence calories for a week just to make sure it's my maintence. My stats 6ft 1, from visuals @12% body fat currently at 166.8 Lb. I train 5 times a week. 18 years.

I've been cutting st 2,300 losing ruffly about 0.5-1lb per week, so I'll just add calories slowly from 2,300 until I reach maintence should how much would u suggest I add per day? So I've been having my protein higher for obvious reasons just to make sure I don't lose any mass about 1.2 g /lb.

*Should I keep the protein high or should I lower to 1 g / lb for lean bulk ?
*For my carbs, I've been hitting like 230-250 on my cut, but how much would u say I should alter them to for the lean bulk, how do I determine the carb goal because I have in the past eaten 500g and felt great but I don't want to gain fat easily what would u recommend because I think I perform better at high carb but I don't understand really by how much is beneficial to me really

and for fat intake I'll keep it at around 20%

For training
I was thinking on doing Phat/PPL 5 day program for my lean bulk to gain more size and strength

For supplements

Whey protein -in either morning / or after sesh
Multi vitamin - debating weather to get orange triad
PES ABE- need to get
Xgels - need to get
Cluster Dextrin- I guess this would help me reach carb goal

Cardio - currently being doing for my cut like 2-3 hit but once I start lean bulk will have to cut hit because it destroy CNS with the heavy compounds so probably would say LISS cardio on rest days

I know there's a lot to digest in this guys but would appreciate it some one gave me some advise for my lean bulk
I would not try to find your maintenance for 7-10 days. Instead, I would slowly add calories each week until you are gaining weight at the pace you would like. You can drop protein down to 1g/lb or keep it where it is. Typically, you do not need as much protein when bulking. Give the article below a read, it will help you with adjusting your macros.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/how-to-bulk-and-keep-your-abs

You carb goal is dependent on how many carbs you would like to consume. Some people can eat a lot of carbs and feel fine, others bloat up very quickly. Do not think the more carbs you eat the more fat you'll gain. It is going to come down to total calories. If you are gaining weight too quickly, decrease calories, in the form of carbs or fat, and if you are not gaining weight, then add carbs or fat. It is up to you. I would also look for whole food sources for carbs versus supplements, unless we are talking about peri-nutrition.

Training, I would just keep it the same from when you were cutting. If it was a successful program for you when cutting, then it will be when bulking as well. You could add a little more volume, but I wouldn't re-invent the wheel. Also, you can keep cardio if you want or drop it. If you keep cardio, it will eat into the amount of calories you need to be in a surplus, so keep that in mind. Do not think cardio will keep you lean. Again, it is going to come down to calories.

Supplements, have you used either X-Gels or ABE in the past? If not, I would not stack them. I would run them solo first. I think during a reverse diet, ABE may not be the best, since it may increase your appetite. Yes, you want your appetite to be up, but if you're going for a lean bulk, you do not want to be in a great surplus so the additional hunger may not be a good thing. X-Gels would be great.

I would also suggest AlphaMax XT, it is great for a lean bulk. Forskolin is great when dieting or during a lean bulk as it can increase lean mass and increase fat loss as well. I would also look into an ergogenic aid with creatine; either PowerMax XT or Ergonine. Either one will help with size, strength, and recovery.