How many carbs per day to take in bulk?

bb333

Awards
  • Established
As the title suggests, how many carbs a day to take in bulk?

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
I've always gone with 1.5-2g/lb of body weight and it's worked for me but that goes with the protein and fat being there too, how much do you weigh? And what's the rest of the diet looking like? Also what's your training like and what kind of carbs are you using ? It all plays its part it's not a simple answer unfortunately you gotta play with it and see what works for you

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All of them

bb333

Awards
  • Established
In cutting:
2,5gr x lbm protein, 30g fat blocked, and the rest in carbohydrates.
Ciclizzo carbohydrates, day on, day off, on off days subtract 100g of carbohydrates.

In bulk:
I started a reverse diet, I'm increasing your carbohydrates week to week.
I'm setting the proteins in 2gr xlbm,
fat'm keeping them low, 0,5gr xlbm (around 30-40gr), carbohydrates already arrived about 450gr.

Opinions?
I would get with carbohydrates to 7gr xlbm, always keeping the pro to 2g, and the fats in 0,5gr.
Of course, in the days off, there are 100g of carbohydrates in less.
After eight weeks of overeating, high-calorie, iperglucidico, I'll do two weeks of low-calorie, under the TDEE, with high protein, 2,5gr / 3gr xlbm, fatty 0,5gr xlbm, and low carbohydrate (deficit).

Opinions?

I'm tall 176cm, 72kg, approximately 11% body fat.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Macros are highly dependent on the individual person. Some can take in an extremely high amount and not get bloated or see noticeable fat gain quickly and others can look at a rice cake a bloat.

I would say a good rule of thumb is try 40% of your cals from carbs and see how that works for you. You can adjust from there. Also, you could carb cycle and see how that treats you. I personally enjoy carb cycling and use it for nulking or cutting.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Entirely dependent on the individual, OP. Play around with it. I personally eat super high carb when I bulk, but I can tolerate it easily. Some can't.