Would like opinions on my diet

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I've been trying to bulk lately. I've gone up around 8 lbs in the past couple weeks (Natural, no ph). I'm just curious what you guys think about this.

On average everyday:

2600-3100 Calories
85g - 120g Fat
180g - 300g Carbs
150g - 200g Protein

I usually eat Chicken, Rice(white), Pasta, Soup (Chicken, Pork usually) and Protein Shakes. I don't eat fast food or junk food. I do try to mix it up somewhat so I'm not eating the same meals everyday.

Also, is it bad to have so many carbs a day? I'm a very active person outside of the gym.

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm 6'1" 180 @ around 14-16 %. I haven't gotten tested lately though so its just a guesstimate

CJNator

Awards
Its all about calories in calories out, macro manipulation is optional and how it effects individuals is subjective. Use myfitnesspal to track your food and macros if you like.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I just downloaded it earlier actually. And I definitely burn most of those calories. I workout atleast an hour a day and I also work construction so I'm always active.

CJNator

Awards
I just downloaded it earlier actually. And I definitely burn most of those calories. I workout atleast an hour a day and I also work construction so I'm always active.
At that point the scale would be your best guage on whether you need to add calories in or not. You wouldn't gain any weight if you burnt most those calories, when bulking imo 40P/40C/20F is a good ratio and keep tour calories 500 above maintenance to make sure you dont gain too much fat.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Ok. I try not to use the scale everyday. But I'll start paying more attention to it from now on. The past few days I've upped my calorie intake to about 3000-3100. I usually drink 3-4 protein drinks a day so I can keep my calories and protein up. Also some evoo if I'm slacking during the day.

CJNator

Awards
Only use it to gauge your weight, do it on a daily basis to see if your progressing but make sure you are consistent with what you do that night before and that morning jist to be as accurate as possible. Dont let thw scale get to you head though.

Jay.99

Awards
Ok. I try not to use the scale everyday. But I'll start paying more attention to it from now on. The past few days I've upped my calorie intake to about 3000-3100. I usually drink 3-4 protein drinks a day so I can keep my calories and protein up. Also some evoo if I'm slacking during the day.
Regardless of whatever you're trying to achieve with this diet or any other diet in the future, make sure you incorporate beans or lentils and fruit (preferably a large fruit smoothie because you can consume more fruit with a smoothie then if you try to eat it All separate). EVERYDAY.

The reason being is that you have no fiber in your diet. In addition, the fruit will help fix any damages done to your intestines (inflammation, disruption to your mucosal lining, etc).

Disregard this msg if you have diabetes as other precautions need to be taken place before starting a diet.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've gained 8 pounds in a couple weeks on 3100(max) calories and you work an active construction job? How old are you? Since bulking has your sodium increased a lot?

That's a be increase for anyone as active as you say with not-so-high increase in cals. Unless your previous norm was way low and your body is adjusting.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I'm 25. I'd say it was probably in the past 3-5 weeks. I haven't been paying attention to sodium honestly. Before that I was around 190 but I had cut down quite a bit. I also wasn't eating nearly as good as I am now . A lot of junk food and fast food.

KneeOnTiger

KneeOnTiger

Awards
With as active as you are you could probably increase your protein to 2g x body weight. Looking at your current height/weight and activity your current diet is good for maintaining IMO. Not for bulking though