Easy meal prep

Bobbaugh3

Bobbaugh3

Awards
What's your favorites and what have you found to be the easiest to get done and cleaned up in a reasonable time. Getting tired of clean up work.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
What kind of clean up are you getting tired of? I meal prep enough for 4 or 5 days, so a little clean up is worth it.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like to buy wild salmon burgers, 90:10 burgers, turkey and chicken as well. It saves me ALOT of time. Its all portioned out, so no weighing after cooking and i can cook in the pan. Most are frozen so i store easily and will last for a while if i buy in bulk. Easiest thing ive found.

Bobbaugh3

Bobbaugh3

Awards
Pots, Pans, and Tupperware, I like using sandwich bags to hold chicken breasts so I can just toss the bag after eating

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Have you used a crock pot? You can do a boat load of chicken in the crock pot and then transfer THAT to the fridge and work out of that. Filling your bags/tupperwear with the contents of the Crock pot

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
brown rice, chicken with forzeable bags of veggies

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Crock pot. Add 2 lbs chicken breast, one 12oz bottle of Frank's buffalo wing sauce. Cook low for 7-8 hours. Proceed to shred chicken in mixing bowl. Add some sauce from crock to desired flavor and sodium content. Costs 6 bucks to make here and is actually really damn good

If you have time cut up an onion and put it in there to cook to, adds a bit more flavor

Bobbaugh3

Bobbaugh3

Awards
Definitely think I will start using my crock pot more, just seems like an easy alternative to baking a bunch of chicken breasts.. No grill currently so once I get a grill, between crock and grill I should be set

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Crock Pot for meats

Eggs - make mini quiches, just pour the batter into muffin liners

Greek Yogurt + Fruit + protein powder in tubberware

Buy a rice cooker for rice, but one with a steaming basket to steam sweet potatoes.

All of that is quick and an easy clean up

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Definitely think I will start using my crock pot more, just seems like an easy alternative to baking a bunch of chicken breasts.. No grill currently so once I get a grill, between crock and grill I should be set
Crockpot is SO easy to use too. Throw everything in before you go to work OR before you go to bed; it'll cook perfectly on low

You can then play around with flavors and marinades to suit your needs and tastes. Don't try to over think things!!!!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had to give the crock pot a break once i started cutting. Lean meats dont come out as well for me. They are tender at first but once i put them in containers or bag they dry out. But something like a nice pork shoulder, chicken thighs or a slab of beef with some fat and its on!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, you can buy the liners for the Crock Pot. They are about $2-2.75 for a four pack. They are amazing. You just put the bag in the pot and then put your food in. Remove the bag and throw it away. It removes the hassle of needing to clean out the pot. I still wash it quickly, but you do not have to worry about any residue sticking.