Bodybuilder look without supps

Dmcooper

Awards
Can the bodybuilder look be achieved without any supplements? Maybe even without protein powder and creatine, as long as you get all the nutrition you need from food?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Depends "how" bodybuilder look. Ronnie? No. Arnold? No.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Haha yeah sorry I wasn't more specific. I was thinking more like Frank Zane and stay looking like that year round.
Genetics!!!! Do you have the right Genetics

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Define supplements. We talking OTC stuff or we talkin steroids?

Neither protein powder nor creatine would really be that impactful in creating a "bodybuilder" physique. Protein powder helps you hit your protein macros, which you can and should do with whole foods. Creatine is one of those things that won't be super noticeable.

Dmcooper

Awards
Define supplements. We talking OTC stuff or we talkin steroids?

Neither protein powder nor creatine would really be that impactful in creating a "bodybuilder" physique. Protein powder helps you hit your protein macros, which you can and should do with whole foods. Creatine is one of those things that won't be super noticeable.
I was talking about OTC and steroids. I feel like a lot of supplements contain ingredients that the human body doesn't even need. I know we need protein. I guess I was wondering if, as long as someone reaches their macros goal (healthy foods) and get the required vitamins and minerals, is it possible to achieve a Frank Zane look without any other supplement?

Dmcooper

Awards
Genetics!!!! Do you have the right Genetics
Yeah it sucks how certain people are gifted or cursed by their genetics. If it happens, I wonder how the world is going to be when we can change our genes to what we want.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it sucks how certain people are gifted or cursed by their genetics. If it happens, I wonder how the world is going to be when we can change our genes to what we want.
Purely genetics (for the staying lean part) but if you want to stay that shredded year round and you don't have the genetics to naturally stay that lean, then it will be very unhealthy (for the majority of people) and almost/if not entirely impossible. There is a reason that us natural bodybuilders go through bulking and cutting phases. With steroids though, nearly anything is possible if you have your diet/training on point for what you want to get out of your body.

However, with that being said, you don't NEED supplements. I have won natural shows when I was in high school using nothing but food and water (and I'm a mesomorph and not naturally lean). I do recommend a multi vitamin though. No harm in that.