Nutrition App

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
What nutrition app do you use? Not using one currently and I want to start logging my diet accurately. Looking for a reco...

Thanks!!!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I use Lose It! Pretty much the same thing

CarneyFolk

CarneyFolk

Awards
Lose it is better then myfitnesspal in my opinion ...even if your trying to gain weight/strength.

Loseit has a better setup for duplicating previous meals. You can search any meal slot and then select everything or just a few items from that meal. I can find a chipotle meal from 6 months ago and put it down for lunch today.

Myfitnesspal only lets you duplicate breakfast for breakfast. Lunch for lunch. And it only allows you to do it from yesterday. You can't find a meal you ate 2 days ago or beyond. Very tedious.

I tried switching from loseit to myfitnesspal about 3 months ago and after a week I had stopped logging my food because it was so much more inconvenient.

Loseit also has a much better way of finding restaurant foods if and when you go out to eat. Literally hundreds of name's you know. Where myfitnesspal has a different way of doing it.

They both link up with map my run, polar HR monitors, fit bits and other popular exercise accessories. But I think that lose it has the friendlier user interface for someone who eats a lot of the same meals but not always day after day or at the same exact meal slot.

English majors, eat you hearts out, spelling and grammar is not my thing.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I simply love My Macros + iPhone app.

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
I will be sure to check Lose It out as well...thanks!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lose it is better then myfitnesspal in my opinion ...even if your trying to gain weight/strength.

Loseit has a better setup for duplicating previous meals. You can search any meal slot and then select everything or just a few items from that meal. I can find a chipotle meal from 6 months ago and put it down for lunch today.

Myfitnesspal only lets you duplicate breakfast for breakfast. Lunch for lunch. And it only allows you to do it from yesterday. You can't find a meal you ate 2 days ago or beyond. Very tedious.

I tried switching from loseit to myfitnesspal about 3 months ago and after a week I had stopped logging my food because it was so much more inconvenient.

Loseit also has a much better way of finding restaurant foods if and when you go out to eat. Literally hundreds of name's you know. Where myfitnesspal has a different way of doing it.

They both link up with map my run, polar HR monitors, fit bits and other popular exercise accessories. But I think that lose it has the friendlier user interface for someone who eats a lot of the same meals but not always day after day or at the same exact meal slot.

English majors, eat you hearts out, spelling and grammar is not my thing.
I switched from lose it to my fitness pal a few months ago and this post made me realize how much I miss lose it and how much of a pain in the ass my fitness pal is. I'm switching back!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I can copy meals for up to a week on MFP

If worst comest to worst make 3 custom foods (1g Carb, 1g Fat, 1g Protein) and adjust to the meal you ate out. Just look at the side of a package and insert how much P/F/C is something you just ate that may be something you never eat again. The bar code scanner works wonders too. Don't feel like pulling up the app and manually adjusting? Scan the barcode and it automatically uploads to your MFP for the day.

I store all my recipes i personally made, so if I ever make them again its just a one button touch for any kind of cheescake, brownie, pancake base I may use.

My Macros + , Lose it, and MFP are al 3 good programs. Really can't go wrong with either of them.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lose it, here also !

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
I ended up downloading MyMacros+. I just started using it today so I'll need to learn the app and use it more before I can say how I like it...thanks for all the input everyone!