More milk, less water ??

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Any harm with drinking more milk and less water if it fits my macros?

I am gonna try to drink 1 a jug 7 cups) a day.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1450827876.348409.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1450827908.329710.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1450827924.005402.jpg

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Sure why not lol. How does that taste compared to regular milk?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it fits your macors and you like it, then go for it. Personally, I would try to limit how many cals I would get from liquid though. Not nearly as filling or micro dense as whole foods.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
It taste fine to me. But smells kinda funny.

It's safe to assume that milk will hydrate me the same as water?

Is the goal to get in more easy macros?
Yes, I have such a hard time bulking and meeting my desired protein (1.5-2g per lb)

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Why not make home made mass shakes. It'll be better than just drinking milk by it self and help you feel full for longer.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Why not make home made mass shakes. It'll be better than just drinking milk by it self and help you feel full for longer.
The reason is because want to be hungry. I just got back from gym and couple people asked with surprised look in their face if it was milk in my water bottle. Milk while working out feels more fulfilling than water. I will know if I get dehydrated by tonight if I get a headache.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Wait I'm confused you want to be hungry or you don't..?

I don't understand, if you want to try getting in more calories you can make a nice gainer shake that can easily be 600+ cal, 50g carbs+, xx fats(olive oil). And you won't have to be drinking milk at the gym...

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Wait I'm confused you want to be hungry or you don't..?

I don't understand, if you want to try getting in more calories you can make a nice gainer shake that can easily be 600+ cal, 50g carbs+, xx fats(olive oil). And you won't have to be drinking milk at the gym...
I just want to replace large portion of liquid intake with milk instead of water.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes, I have such a hard time bulking and meeting my desired protein (1.5-2g per lb)
If you are bulking the chances you need 2g/lb of protein is minimal. Once protein minimums are met you would be better off getting more carbs/fats in your diet. Unless you are on some "enhanced" Supplements where your P-Ratio would be different than those who are natural. For most general gym goers 1-1.5g is fine.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish I could tolerate milk.. I had to take mine out of diet due to the sugars not allowing me to maintain an appropriate physique.. and really not fitting into my macros with the other stuff I eat.

I replaced my cups of skim milk protein content with chicken :( Not the same haha

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Actually isn't milk bad pre and during workouts because of the sugar content? Something to do with insulin response?

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could tolerate milk.. I had to take mine out of diet due to the sugars not allowing me to maintain an appropriate physique.. and really not fitting into my macros with the other stuff I eat.

I replaced my cups of skim milk protein content with chicken :( Not the same haha
Fuark man that's horrible. Are you jonesin for a huge glass or what?

barbara benty

Awards
Both the combination is bad. Try to drink one at a time

Xtremestrngth

Awards
I personally wouldn't drink less water and more milk. Your body is mainly made out of water. Although, having a glass here and there to fit macros won't do any harm, but don't reduce water intake. I usually have a glass of milk once or twice a month and that's only when i have a cheat smoothie or cereal :D. Brocolli is my best friend!!