Snacks?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Any certain brand that I should be looking at for healthish snack? By healthy I mean not loaded with fat and carbs.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just something to snack on (like a tiny meal) or like legit "chips and pretzels" esque snack?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
A tiny meal might work, is there a recipe for something you've tried? I bought two cases of quest chips and they worked well(vs buying Doritos or chips)for whenever I had a urge to snack at work.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A tiny meal might work, is there a recipe for something you've tried? I bought two cases of quest chips and they worked well(vs buying Doritos or chips)for whenever I had a urge to snack at work.
That's funny I was actually gonna suggest the quest chips if looking for that type.

Beef jerky is another great option.

If you're looking for something more "homemade" you could bake some protein goodies (like muffins, cookies or breads) and take some with you.

One thing I also suggest is just fun flavored gum. Your mind equates chewing to satiety to some degree so just having some gum (which is usually like 5cals) can really help kill a craving when you're not really wanting a meal

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I've tried gum but for some reason it just makes me hungry haha Im not sure why. I may just start bringing some oats and whey with me to work in between meals. I might look into that "real food" powder. But I am currently looking up chocolate whey cooking stuff. I'm sure if I had one or two muffins or cookies I'd be good for the shift.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've tried gum but for some reason it just makes me hungry haha Im not sure why. I may just start bringing some oats and whey with me to work in between meals. I might look into that "real food" powder. But I am currently looking up chocolate whey cooking stuff. I'm sure if I had one or two muffins or cookies I'd be good for the shift.
If you're going to eat oats anyways, make some homemade granola. You can make it sweet, salty, whatever you're in the mood for. Travels well too and lasts for a while

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
If you're going to eat oats anyways, make some homemade granola. You can make it sweet, salty, whatever you're in the mood for. Travels well too and lasts for a while
good idea, any certain recipe youd recommend or is it basically generic ingredients?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
good idea, any certain recipe youd recommend or is it basically generic ingredients?
I've never used any particular recipe. Just find a few ingredients that you're feeling like you're in the mood for, a few spices or sweeteners, mix and bake. Super easy. You can't mess it up since it's just whatever you want

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
alright, cool. thank man ill give granola a try.

ufusannon

Awards
just avoid oily thing for snacks i think that's good for health