Keto Die Made Simple!!

allison.bell.

Awards
The Keto diet is as simple in concept as climbing Everest: 0 carbs….FOREVER. The body makes ketones from fat for fuel.

Normally the brain is near exclusively fueled by carbs, but after the liver learns to make ketones from fat the brain runs on these ketones. For the first 2 weeks or so your in a perpetual hell: Hungry, angry, dizzy, miserable, with no brain power. But after that you’re like a superhero. Endless energy as your body runs on fat for fuel and a ton of health benefits.

This type of way of eating is not for everyone but definitely something to check out. I am on something called carb backloading and so I do not have carbs for 5 days and then I get some beef and rice on the next two, 5:2 diet split. But some people have great success with keto diets and they are very effective. For the first few weeks yes I was in hell it was a hard journey to get over but I guarantee it stops, I wasn't sure it would stop but it did and my body has a lot more energy than it ever has before.

Look into this diet more go onto the mind and muscle website and look up Keto Diet Made Simple Part 1, there are several parts to each one so click on them all and read some fantastic facts about the Keto Diet!!!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
From what you explained it sounds like your doing the anabolic diet with a 5:2 split. Im doing the Same thing, sometimes a 6:1. Feels amazing. Tons of energy with minimal if any loss in strenth.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
The Keto diet is as simple in concept as climbing Everest: 0 carbs….FOREVER. The body makes ketones from fat for fuel. Normally the brain is near exclusively fueled by carbs, but after the liver learns to make ketones from fat the brain runs on these ketones. For the first 2 weeks or so your in a perpetual hell: Hungry, angry, dizzy, miserable, with no brain power. But after that you’re like a superhero. Endless energy as your body runs on fat for fuel and a ton of health benefits. This type of way of eating is not for everyone but definitely something to check out. I am on something called carb backloading and so I do not have carbs for 5 days and then I get some beef and rice on the next two, 5:2 diet split. But some people have great success with keto diets and they are very effective. For the first few weeks yes I was in hell it was a hard journey to get over but I guarantee it stops, I wasn't sure it would stop but it did and my body has a lot more energy than it ever has before. Look into this diet more go onto the mind and muscle website and look up Keto Diet Made Simple Part 1, there are several parts to each one so click on them all and read some fantastic facts about the Keto Diet!!!
That doesn't sound like carb backloading.. Just sayin

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its not. Carb backloading is carbs after workouts, high glycemic only. What he described is the good old anabolic diet by Dr dipasquale. Keto is less than 15 -30 grams, high fats. Puts your body into keto acidosis. No refeeds at all.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So what would be the main sources of food? lean meats all day, everyday?

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its not. Carb backloading is carbs after workouts, high glycemic only. What he described is the good old anabolic diet by Dr dipasquale. Keto is less than 15 -30 grams, high fats. Puts your body into keto acidosis. No refeeds at all.
definitely not ketoacidosis...ketoacidosis is a pathological metabolic state marked by extreme and uncontrolled ketosis. In ketoacidosis, the body fails to adequately regulate ketone production causing such a sever accumulation of Keri acids that the pH of the blood is substantially decreased. In extreme cases ketoacidosis can be fatal

allison.bell.

Awards
Lean meats and veggies yes

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats your view on fiber? you include it in your net carbs?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ketosis does not equal ketoacidosis
Yea i didnt mean what i wrote. I was definitely incorrect. Ive never done keto fully, ive done no carbs up to almost three weeks strait, but my protein was really high, which is def not keto from what i understand.

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
I go 2-3 days a week on 10-20grms carbs, then load for a day on complex only. Been doing this for years. Sunday junk day, but never more than 200grms carbs. My body runs on protein and the minute traces of fat in lean steak, but chunk white whole tuna is my main nutrient. Im still competeing and beating dudes half my age.Not a diet for everyone but if you can dial it in its awesome cuz I always have energy.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
So what would be the main sources of food? lean meats all day, everyday?
Fats and protein, something like 60% fats... fibrous veggies and 2 refeeds a week after 10-12 days no carbs.. works fantastic!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea i didnt mean what i wrote. I was definitely incorrect. Ive never done keto fully, ive done no carbs up to almost three weeks strait, but my protein was really high, which is def not keto from what i understand.
once your body switches over to ketones and ffa you can slowly increase protein and remain in ketosis especially with a GDa around to prevent gluconeogenisis and increase glucose disposal In the absence of insulin

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I go 2-3 days a week on 10-20grms carbs, then load for a day on complex only. Been doing this for years. Sunday junk day, but never more than 200grms carbs. My body runs on protein and the minute traces of fat in lean steak, but chunk white whole tuna is my main nutrient. Im still competeing and beating dudes half my age.Not a diet for everyone but if you can dial it in its awesome cuz I always have energy.
id watch the tuna....high amount of mercury in it bruh!

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
id watch the tuna....high amount of mercury in it bruh!
Get my merc levels checked once every 2 years, all good. Atlantic tuna is cold water tuna, the warmer water based tuna like bluefin are the higher carrier of merc.You would have to eat 3-4 cans everyday for 30 years to register an alarming number in your enzyme test.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
once your body switches over to ketones and ffa you can slowly increase protein and remain in ketosis especially with a GDa around to prevent gluconeogenisis and increase glucose disposal In the absence of insulin
What would the right dosing be for keto with recompadrol and metabolic powder? I just got some to implement into my carb refeeds, but if its beneficial past that ill definitely take it

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What would the right dosing be for keto with recompadrol and metabolic powder? I just got some to implement into my carb refeeds, but if its beneficial past that ill definitely take it
Id run 1 cap recompadrol pre workout meal/or with pre workout

The meal after post workout and bed time

Metabolic powder post workout and before dinner