calf muscle rehab

jimmyg

Awards
Training last night and whilst doing leg press heard a POP then sharp pain in right calf muscle.

quick trip to A&E confirmed a torn calf muscle.

At the moment got a compression bandage on and icing every hour or so to bring down swelling.

can anyone suggest some rehab exercises for once muscle is mended,

Plus having looked on the net some sites are suggesting up to six months for complete rehabilitation?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your not planning on doing Physical Therapy??? Im guessing your going to be in a boot for awhile if you actually Tore it and its not a Gradable Strain

jimmyg

Awards
im not 100% sure what's happened to the calf.

Here in the UK we have a wonderful health care system "the NHS" took me 2hrs to be triaged and then a further 1.5hrs to be seen by a senior nurse, who just said compression bandage, ice and elevation. If it's no better in 3 days see your doctor.

which with the current state of our health care system will take about 5-6 days to get an appointment.

trust me the state run health care system is on it's knees

I'm guessing its not torn but a grade 2 strain after further self diagnosis, im going to see how it is in another day or so then if there's no improvement seek doctors opinion ref physical therapy etc.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
im not 100% sure what's happened to the calf.

Here in the UK we have a wonderful health care system "the NHS" took me 2hrs to be triaged and then a further 1.5hrs to be seen by a senior nurse, who just said compression bandage, ice and elevation. If it's no better in 3 days see your doctor.

which with the current state of our health care system will take about 5-6 days to get an appointment.

trust me the state run health care system is on it's knees

I'm guessing its not torn but a grade 2 strain after further self diagnosis, im going to see how it is in another day or so then if there's no improvement seek doctors opinion ref physical therapy etc.
Best thing ya can do, if ya think about it let us know how it goes man