Lethargic, slow starter in the morning

Meloncap78

Awards
Requested a test level panel because I generally feel lethargic. Also have a really hard time gaining in the gym. I don't really understand these results but my primary said they are normal. The way I am reading this is that I am at the very low end of the range.

Attachments

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
Your doc gave you only the FT4 test ?
You better go find yourself another doc.
Ask him for more comprehensive test.

Basically he tested you for free form of your thyroid hormone. But it's not even half the picture. He probably was looking for the usual thyroid disfunction , to put you on thyroid meds.

How long do feel like this. Did you take any supps or PH ? Any significant stress in your life ?

Meloncap78

Awards
There is always stress in my life lol. Felt like this for a few years now. Forgot the TSH portion of the test.

Attachments

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
Again , this is only small piece of puzzle. No way your doc will find anything with this approach.
Trust me I myself suffer from similar issue and from my experience most docs are " stupid" or ignorant with their approach.
If they don't find any out of the range test ( in very narrow testing) that can be masked with some pills, then nothing wrong with you - keep suffering my friend.
Now talk to your doc see if he is open minded to work with you, or try to find other doc.

Prolonged stress can cause different type of imbalances in your body. Try to look for the root and not the symptom ( the lethargy).

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Requested a test level panel because I generally feel lethargic. Also have a really hard time gaining in the gym. I don't really understand these results but my primary said they are normal. The way I am reading this is that I am at the very low end of the range.
What does your diet look like and don't bull **** me and say, "it's in check."

How many calories do you take in a day?

How much do you weigh?

What's the goal?

Daily activity levels?

Macronutrient ratios?

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
What does your diet look like and don't bull **** me and say, "it's in check."

How many calories do you take in a day?

How much do you weigh?

What's the goal?

Daily activity levels?

Macronutrient ratios?
This--and isn't the test a year old (based off of the order date)?

Meloncap78

Awards
Here is a typical day. I eat the same exact things every day. When I was bulking at 4k there were a couple of sweet potatoes in there and extra rice for the carbs but carbs bloat me to no end (hence the low carb intake currently). I weigh everything on my scale except the milk (thats a no brainer). I notice it mainly seems to be oats that instantly make me retain water around the waist but they are so quick and easy to just put in some milk and slam down. My goal is to just add mass at this point. I have to get over the fat that I carry on my waist. That seems to be the spot where ALL of it resides. As soon as I up my carbs to the 350-400 range I literally put a couple inches on my waist within days.

Attachments

jaces

jaces

Awards
I also had this problem but started to drink a whey shake and 500ml of water first thing and it has helped a lot

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
Could be a lot of things going on here. Stress yes, along with cortisol and elevated cort levels. I would check for glucocorticoid levels. They may be off the charts but who knows. Also, the carb thing is weird. Have you checked for pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes or thought that this may be related to a carb intolerance or insensitivity?

Meloncap78

Awards
Not sure, haven't had those tests. I know that I have bumped my calories to 300 above maintenance the past week and a half and I am up 10 pounds already and added an inch and a half around the navel. I hope this cycle won't be wasted. I am eating to support gains and hitting the weights like an animal. God only know how bad the water retention will get once the test really kicks in.

jaces

jaces

Awards
Diabetes wont make you gain weight , if you eat sugar do you want to sleep and then get up to pee more then once??

Meloncap78

Awards
I don't eat anything sweet. Nothing with sugars except naturally occurring.

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
Well now that you mention that you on test......

Check your hormones. A FULL TEST.
Maybe you don't eat enough calories to support your training on cycle. Maybe the "water retention" is not because of carbs but because of estro sides ?
Anyway check with your doc.

Meloncap78

Awards
I just started my cycle less than a week ago of Test E. This is my first cycle.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
feel like schit almost every morning very slow starter

Ascic1

Awards
After reading everything I did notice one thing that I experience every so often. Hypoglycemia. Basically you have low blood sugar from not eating enough sugar. This will make you feel especially lethargic and just want to sleep ALL the god damn time even after just waking up from sleeping 10 hours. The one banana may be a good start but i would double it, especially if you say you're hitting the weights like an animal.