meal prep ideas

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
so i just paid 60.00 for this fancy meal storage and was wondering what do you all make for an easy meal? id like to start meal prepping and getting serious about my nutrition. any and all ideas please thanks

image-996628366.jpg

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any veggies, carb source, protein source. Just prep your meals as you would if you were eating at home.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What do you like to eat first and foremost? What we prep or eat may not be something you like or a source you enjoy....

I usually prep 96/4 Ground Turkey or 95/5 Beef for a few days
4-5 chicken breasts every 3-4 days
4-5 white potatoes, and around 4-5 cups white rice every 3 days
Could make stirfrys, could eat them on the side, add nut butters to sweet potatoes,
pasta stirfry's
protein powder + Yogurt's, Fresh/Dried Fruits, nut buters, diced up apples
Rice Cakes + Protein Powder + Yogurt + Nut butters
Trail mix / Granola + a whey shake
could be endless options for stirfrys, salads, and what sources you do enjoy

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
at this point im just looking for any and all ideas. there isn't much i dont like and am willing to eat everything if it means putting on clean weight (if there is such a thing)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
at this point im just looking for any and all ideas. there isn't much i dont like and am willing to eat everything if it means putting on clean weight (if there is such a thing)
Clean is too subjective, no such term in reality. Slow and Steady or controlling your OVERALL Surplus is the key factor.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Solution has hit the head with posts his posts. As long as you're in a surplus, you're going to put weight on. Weight is weight. You can however control how much weight you put on but controlling your surplus. You can eat all "clean"foods, but at the end of the day, some weight you put on will be fat.

As far as ideas, just pack what you normally would eat. Make it in bulk and put it in some tupperware. One thing you can do, if you like eggs, but don't want to bring hard boiled eggs or an omelet, is make egg muffins. It is just eggs cooked in a muffin tin, makes for a good source of protein and you can add whatever you want to it.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
great idea with the eggs thanks doin that for sure.
anyone have quick and easy recipes?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How does the food storage system work? Details or link to product please

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
How does the food storage system work? Details or link to product please
6-pack fitness bag
I have one and live the thing

Their website gives great pictures of all the compartments, thing can hold a days worth of food and shakes & has cool gel pack slots that actually stay cold all day.

Its pricy for a bag but I don't regret the purchase

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
great idea with the eggs thanks doin that for sure.
anyone have quick and easy recipes?
What kind of recipes? Just cook how you normally would, store, bring, and eat.

6-pack fitness bag

Their website gives great pictures of all the compartments, thing can hold a days worth of food and shakes & has cool gel pack slots that actually stay cold all day.

I was thinking about getting one for this upcoming semester since I'll be on campus for an entire day one day a week. I can't justify the price for a single day and I can't carry something that huge around with me. Plus, it is a far ass walk to the parking area lol. But they do look awesome for those that need to transport several meals several times a week.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6-pack fitness bag

About to google it. It might come in handy for a commuter like myself. $60 is pricy but considering the money I spend buying food it might be worth it

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
About to google it. It might come in handy for a commuter like myself. $60 is pricy but considering the money I spend buying food it might be worth it
Just carry your tupperware in a plastic bag = Save money.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i thought twice about spending 60.00 or it but it's a great investment.