Calorie and macros

wokko

wokko

Awards
I found this link which gives you a basic formula to work with when calculating your calorie intake requirements: http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/diet-plan/

I went through and got an estimate for both losing fat and building muscle:

Oh and I got my calories by multiplying my weight in pounds '161' by 18. And then took away 250 for a calorie deficit.

2320 cals for fat loss/ 2335 fat loss
161 grams protein/ 236 protein
52 grams fat/103 grams fat
303 grams carbs/116 grams carbs

The calories and macros on the left of the '/' where based on the information given on the link which had me eating my weight in grams of protein followed by 20% fat and the rest filled with carbs...

On the right side I used the 2320 cals and based my micros on what someone said on a different thread by doing a 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs split..

I'd like to know your thoughts on what you would say is the best because everyone seems to have differing opinions...plus if you notice I have miscalculated anything.

The calorie and macro below is what I calculated for if I was to build muscle and this was just based on the steps in the link...again if you could analyse and tell me if it seems ok.

3150 cals for building muscle
161 grams protein
70 grams fat
469 grams carbs

As you may have noticed I don't know whether I should be building muscle or losing fat..based off my profile pic could you suggest which I should do?

Also just to put an extra twist on this post I don't go to the gym I just train at home with the equipment of:
1 Barbell
2 dumbells
Pull up bar

2*10kg plate
4*5kg
8*2kg
4*1kg
Total weight of 60kg

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I think you're overcomplicating things man. I know you want to get things exactly right, but sometimes it's better to just get started and figure it out as you go.

From what I'm gathering, you're still pretty new to training and nutrition, so just eat lots of quality food, pound the **** out of some weights, and you will grow.

Like me and a few others recommended in your other thread, start at roughly 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (I worded it as around 30% in the other thread which would put you a little higher, but to simplify it, just do 1g per pound for now), do 2g of carbs per pound of bodyweight (mostly complex carbs from rice and potatoes), and the rest from fat. Fat will generally come naturally with your meats, eggs, dairy, and whatever you cook with (coconut oil, olive oil, and butter are what I would recommend sticking to) so I wouldn't worry too much about measuring it.

Also, if you can, join a gym so you have access to heavier weights. You can make some progress with your home setup, but a total of only 60kg isn't much when it comes to bench, squat, and deadlifts which you will certainly want to be doing.