Stopping Being a Vegetarian

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so to keep this OP semi-brief, I was raised a vegetarian, but I'm seriously considering introducing meat back into my diet for many reasons, but mainly to help me be able to cut carbs out and up protein intake easier.

Has anybody done this before? Any potential problems or anything? What meat should I try first?

Any other comments or anything are welcome.

j2048b

Awards
Id re introduce only small amounts of 1 type of meat at a time, this way u can see how ur digestive tract responds as well as if there will be any allergies etc...

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I did not go through the exact same thing but as a child my family only ate fish and chicken all other meat was out...long story short do as j2048b said introduce one at a time hell I still can't eat pork but steak is my best friend now! Good luck with the NOMZ sir!!

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice, I'll probably start with chicken.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I was vegetarian during my childhood years (at least 12 years without any meat but had dairy). I picked up eating meat because of the bodybuilding lifestyle and culture change. I didn't ease into it, I just went and ate anything with no problems. First meat consumed was fried chicken :)

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Had some buffalo wings yesterday, as I've heard that chicken isn't too bad, and I really like wing sauce and spicy things.

It wasn't bad, and I'm not having any stomach problems or anything.

j2048b

Awards
Had some buffalo wings yesterday, as I've heard that chicken isn't too bad, and I really like wing sauce and spicy things.

It wasn't bad, and I'm not having any stomach problems or anything.
Nice!!! Id have actually asked one to start w plain ol chicjen breasts, BUT HELL PARTY ON MEAT EATER!!! :)

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Nice!!! Id have actually asked one to start w plain ol chicjen breasts, BUT HELL PARTY ON MEAT EATER!!! :)
Yeah, I considered it, but I figured I might want to mask the flavor a bit lol. It was fine though, and I just had a damn good balsamic salmon filet, so I'm definitely happy with the decision.

Thanks for the advice!

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
People become vegetarians for different reasons. There are those who because they are suffering from some sort of illness have upon their doctors recommendation eliminated meats from their diet.
Yeah, I understand that. This was just purely a personal decision though, and I actually thought that my health was suffering from being a vegetarian and trying to get the calories and protein needed for the bodybuilding lifestyle.