First Time Keto Dieter Transitioning to CKD

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Stats:
Height: 5'8.5''
Weight: 160lbs
Body Fat: scale says 12.5%, calipers say between 15 and 16.5%, army-navy online test says 18%. Mean would be 15.5%.
Calories: 2065
Macros: carbs-19 (most days I don't even hit 10), fat-158, protein-138

Goal:
Weight: 180-190lbs
Body fat: 8-9%

I've been running a keto diet for about 7 weeks. I had one "cheat meal" with my ex-gf during v-day that included mac n' cheese and burgers which completely threw me off and I had to reset.

Since then I've lost about 5 lbs and really enjoying the added mental benefits of keto dieting.

My question is about transitioning to CKD.

According to my goals above and my current body fat %, am I ready for CKD?
According to lyle's quick article (Carbing Up on the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet - Think Muscle), that puts me at about 3600 calories for the first day and 2000 the next day, with about 70% coming from carbs. Who has had success utilizing this protocol?

For supplements, I was thinking of doing HCA pre-depletion workout followed by about 200 grams of gatorade and then utilizing na-r-ala throughout the day with the rest of my meals.

I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Wish I could help man. I decided to lower carbs to accelerate fat loss. Was able to get below 100 grams and lose about 8 pounds in 5 weeks. But man these DOMS are interfering with my workouts. I'm having to take extra days off to recover, secondary muscle groups are getting ripped to shreds on almost every workout. I'm simply out of gas and I haven't even started my official cut yet!! This is just a transition phase over to my cutting specific training program which has more volume but nut MUCH less intensity. I'll be alternating between weight lifting days and core and cardio days which will leave me with just one actual rest day. Guys have done keto on here so I guarantee they'll chime in. But this low carb thing is just too draining for me. Best of luck. How's your strength been in keto?? I've definitely lost strength without the carbs

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
1. If one little meal dropped you out of ketosis for more than a day, I will eat my laptop. Stop worrying about it.
2. Even as a fat guy, I lose weight nearly every time I cheat - weekly.