few quick questions on I F

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Finally gonna give I F a try and had a couple quick questions:
1. i usually eat before training and have always used slin sane before pre workout meal. Any use in still taking it fasted pre workout or would this be a bad idea?
2. have any of you noticed a drop in strength from training fasted? seems like it would cause that even with bcaas pre
3. i will have to train after my eating window opens 1-2 days a week the others will be fasted, will this be a problem?
4. recommended pre workout sups?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1. i usually eat before training and have always used slin sane before pre workout meal. Any use in still taking it fasted pre workout or would this be a bad idea?
2. have any of you noticed a drop in strength from training fasted? seems like it would cause that even with bcaas pre
3. i will have to train after my eating window opens 1-2 days a week the others will be fasted, will this be a problem?
why not have a small pre-workout meal? You still can if you fit it into your window a GDA would be fine with that.
2) You dont have to train fasted
3) why not just eat when it suits your and your schedule? You can shift your window to around your workout and make it work
4) Not needed but you can use them.

i dont think you have read the guide man.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Fasted or non fasted is fine.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
thanks Solution. The thing is due to a busy schedule, on my days off work i have to train early in the morning which would be in my fasting part of the day, and on my days i work i have to train after i get off which would be in my feeding window. I work 12 hour shifts and have to be at work very early in the morning and my gym dosent open before i go in to work.also i read to keep feeding window consistent from day to day

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thanks Solution. The thing is due to a busy schedule, on my days off work i have to train early in the morning which would be in my fasting part of the day, and on my days i work i have to train after i get off which would be in my feeding window. I work 12 hour shifts and have to be at work very early in the morning and my gym dosent open before i go in to work.also i read to keep feeding window consistent from day to day
Days off work:
(Bcaas necessary/suggested on workout days only)
10g bcaa pre workout
Workout
10 g bcaa every 1-2 hours until fast is broken
Break fast
Eat until window closes
Repeat

Work days:

Break fast (1-2 meals, just save 50-60% of total daily calories for after training)
Train (can take 10g bcaa pre workout if you want depending on when you ate your last meal)
Eat the rest of your kcal goals for the day
Repeat

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Days off work:
(Bcaas necessary/suggested on workout days only)
10g bcaa pre workout
Workout
10 g bcaa every 1-2 hours until fast is broken
Break fast
Eat until window closes
Repeat

Work days:

Break fast (1-2 meals, just save 50-60% of total daily calories for after training)
Train (can take 10g bcaa pre workout if you want depending on when you ate your last meal)
Eat the rest of your kcal goals for the day
Repeat
exactly right from the Lean Gains Guide and WHY i posted it.. lol
some people just over complicate it.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
exactly right from the Lean Gains Guide and WHY i posted it.. lol some people just over complicate it.
I know man i hear you. I feel like you and I have this dialogue every time someone comes here asking IF questions haha.

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Until you read the guide, try what it says, and come back with unique questions no ones going to help you. IF, specifically Leangains, is one of the most heavily documented subjects in bodybuilding in the last 5 years yet no one bothers to even read the condensed starter guide. This is specifically what has driven most IF leaders into non-responsiveness.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Until you read the guide, try what it says, and come back with unique questions no ones going to help you. IF, specifically Leangains, is one of the most heavily documented subjects in bodybuilding in the last 5 years yet no one bothers to even read the condensed starter guide. This is specifically what has driven most IF leaders into non-responsiveness.
iv read the guide man. i was just worried about some workouts not being fasted while others were and possible inconsistencies. and wondered about strength loss from working out fasted ( which i now realize isnt a problem at all, actually fasted workouts are amazing so far). and wondering about using a gda fasted. Didnt realize everyone was going to react the way they did over a few questions.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
iv read the guide man. i was just worried about some workouts not being fasted while others were and possible inconsistencies. and wondered about strength loss from working out fasted ( which i now realize isnt a problem at all, actually fasted workouts are amazing so far). and wondering about using a gda fasted. Didnt realize everyone was going to react the way they did over a few questions.
It does not matter if you workout fasted or not
that is not a requirement.

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Ok not trying to be a dick, just your questions are largely explaned in Berkmans guide. Taking your word that you read that let me address these:

Eating before training is up to you, training fasted with BCAAs will burn more but might leave you tired. For me fasted I trained equally hard and felt the preWO hit me harder. Taking Slin sane before meal is going to block some fat and boost insulin from what i understand, neither of which does you much here. I would recommend fasted with BCAAs + a PreWO solo (citruline malate, potassium nitrate, etc) or Forskolin/Yohimbine/caffine without BCAAs for deep cut

As mentioned above no for me but some for yes. I saved BCAAs for midworkout for a recharge and stop breakdown of muscle into bcaas. Over long term training fasted W/O bcaas yes you will lose more muscle but higher fast percentage that on just BCAAs. I still wouldnt recommend going without BCAAs unless youre doing the yohimbine stack mentioned above (yohimbine and leucine cancel each other out).

No, rememeber fasting beyond 14 hours for women/16 for men its all gravy, including training. Alot of LGers don't train fasted anyway. Hell it might be good just to keep your body on a rotation. Either way both mentioned have pros and cons but overall fasting will get you lean faster and make better use of your post WO carbs.

See above. Stay away from creatine til post workout, creatine fasted without sugar/ALA/or leucine to shuttle is largely wasted and (/broscience alert ahead!!) make you more bloated as less is absorbed
Also make sure your multivitamin, yohimbine source, etc don't have aminos, bcaas, maltodexrin, etc that will break your fast. Other than leucine it takes above 20 cals to really do that so dont worry (unless youre run keto too, thats a whole different story).
Whereever you choose I recommend you start with small stack pieces and work your way up adding only what you need. For me for example I dont do alot of caffine but I love CM for the pump and usually run yohimbine during the fast. Your body might like that combo so as the hodge twins say do whatever you want to do.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies (and sorry if i was short with my response) i am bad about overanalyzing and over-thinking things. And i wanted to try fasted training actually (have felt slightly sluggish when i first get to the gym) been lifting around a decade but always thought i needed a preworkout meal or my lifts would suffer. Turns out i love lifting fasted though have not had any strength drop and my energy is better. Thanks for the help and pre wo supplement suggestions.

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
You and me both on overanalyizing. I usually get yelled out for asking crazy questions. One thing you might check out is the old Defixon on BB.coms forum. The dude took IF to a whole new level, found alot of good tweaks Berkman didnt know anything. Anyway best of luck, let us know if you got questions.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
thanks for the replies (and sorry if i was short with my response) i am bad about overanalyzing and over-thinking things. And i wanted to try fasted training actually (have felt slightly sluggish when i first get to the gym) been lifting around a decade but always thought i needed a preworkout meal or my lifts would suffer. Turns out i love lifting fasted though have not had any strength drop and my energy is better. Thanks for the help and pre wo supplement suggestions.
Train fasted on days you can trian fasted, train fed but have a very small meal (just enough to get through) on days you cannot.
Simple.

Life goes on, its just a window of eating, its not going to make or break you
remember total kcals matters most, not eating in 6 hours or 8 hours. if your window is a bit longer who cares? nobody.. nothing magical.