BPA in canned goods.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have an opinion on this? It's kind of hard to avoid can goods completely.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I always wondered but I don't eat a lot of canned food anyways.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Someone told me, that the plastic lining won't break down unless you heat the can, but I keep seeing studies saying that it will.

antiacus

Awards
I don't trust it. Even the FDA (carghill, monsanto et al) reversed their position in 2008 and recommended "limited exposure" whatever that means. I buy Eden Organic, but there are others. Vital Choice tuna is not labeled as such, but is BPA free. About half of trader joes canned goods are bpa free, but they don't label either, but there are lists.

The main thing for me is my kids. I don't know how bad BPA, HFCS (okay that one is bad), GMO, food coloring, MSG etc are, but i've made the choice not to feed it to them. I'm fortunate enough to have the means to make that choice.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I don't trust it. Even the FDA (carghill, monsanto et al) reversed their position in 2008 and recommended "limited exposure" whatever that means. I buy Eden Organic, but there are others. Vital Choice tuna is not labeled as such, but is BPA free. About half of trader joes canned goods are bpa free, but they don't label either, but there are lists.

The main thing for me is my kids. I don't know how bad BPA, HFCS (okay that one is bad), GMO, food coloring, MSG etc are, but i've made the choice not to feed it to them. I'm fortunate enough to have the means to make that choice.
HFCS isn't all that bad.