FDA to BAN Trans-Fats

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Under the proposal, which is open for public comment for 60 days, the agency would declare that partially hydrogenated oils, the source of trans fats, were no longer “generally recognized as safe,”

There goes the country crock

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trans-fats are used as a cheap way to increase shelf life of products, if they are eliminated companies will have to find another way which likely will cost more money...More money to produce the food, cost passed on to the consumers.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Trans-fats are used as a cheap way to increase shelf life of products, if they are eliminated companies will have to find another way which likely will cost more money...More money to produce the food, cost passed on to the consumers.
That is a good point. Well i guess it is a good thing I dont eat a lot of canned boxed or frozen food. I mean I have noticed an increase in the cost of my "natural food" in general but I swear to god if they get rid of microwaved popcorn I am going to loose my god dam mind!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They claim it will lower heart attacks. That's absolutely ridiculous. If people want to eat like crap and not take care of themselves, they are gonna do it, trans-fats or not.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
They claim it will lower heart attacks. That's absolutely ridiculous. If people want to eat like crap and not take care of themselves, they are gonna do it, trans-fats or not.
This is along the lines of the ban on large sodas in NY. IMO

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I tell you what will though getting off their fat arses and being active!

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
It still wont aid america's obesity.
Lol in this country I'm obese due to my BMI..actually had a doc tell me that at a visit when I was 8% bf I just smiled and said make sure my chart includes my bf%..

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Lol in this country I'm obese due to my BMI..actually had a doc tell me that at a visit when I was 8% bf I just smiled and said make sure my chart includes my bf%..
obese with abs? how did he tell you that with a straight face?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to Taco Bell for 8 Doritos Locos tacos!!!

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Guess I better stock up on my trans-fats now. It's always something.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Nice stash man.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
obese with abs? how did he tell you that with a straight face?
<rant>
Its just those older docs...this countries system needs a few more docs who understand fitness and bodybuilding. What we don't need is more of a nanny state like banning trans fats because they are not safe but hey smoke up..4ad was banned because its dangerous yet its instantly sold as a drug fda approved ....</rant>

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
<rant>
Its just those older docs...this countries system needs a few more docs who understand fitness and bodybuilding. What we don't need is more of a nanny state like banning trans fats because they are not safe but hey smoke up..4ad was banned because its dangerous yet its instantly sold as a drug fda approved ....</rant>
When its really good the government steals it, and if another product comes along that competes with its theft they shut it down. They do they same with what they cant steal.