Calling all diabetics, or those with knowledge therein

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have had 4 separate instances where my blood sugar has bottomed out. All 4 shared one thing in common: A preworkout, a vigorous workout, and a post workout.
The pre and post had simple sugars in them.

So, what the F? Is my blood sugar spiking when I take these simple carbs, then I eat em up during the workout, and spike it again post workout, then something happens with my insulin/blood sugar levels?

I don't know a whole lot about this.

Spare me the "go to your doc an get a fasting glucose test", I am already going to do this.

No diabetes in my family except my grandmother. No pertinent health problems, other than some ortho and low T.

Thanks!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These 4 times were all in the span of the last 10 months.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
why the simple sugars? theres no need to use simple sugars for an insulin rush post workout, thats all b.s. and hopefully your having protein with your carbs right

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
why the simple sugars? theres no need to use simple sugars for an insulin rush post workout, thats all b.s. and hopefully your having protein with your carbs right
Yes, the preworkout mix is Gatorade powder, whatever Pre-stims I am taking, and BCAA's. The post workout is the same without the Preworkout powder.
I generally have a whey/casein shake and a meal about an hour or two after the workout.

So the symptoms that I get are anxiousness, sweating, cold chills, tremors, severe fatigue. This all is alleviated by taking in carbs. Yesterday (the most recent event) I ate a banana, fruit juice, and a bowl of cereal.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess what I am wondering is can I be having diabetic issues at age 31? And why? My diet is not based on fast food or sweets. I enjoy sweets like anyone else, but in moderation.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds to me like possible hyperinsulinemia

What's height weight and bodyfat

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds to me like possible hyperinsulinemia

What's height weight and bodyfat
Height: 69"
Weight: 197
BF: about 16%, give or take a couple %
I am pretty fit. I can run a 14:00 2 mile even with my bad hips.
I am on TRT @ 100mg each week
But, TRT started after the first 2 events, so no connection in my eyes

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are your meals currently?

How do you feel after a mixed meal?

The only thing I can foresee is with simple sugars pre workout (unless not alone ) with combination of stims can cause insulin resistance to a degree and then with exercise and your bodies glut 4 translocating to the surface of te cells with additional glucose and cause a high spike and rapid drop in sugar once the cells are more sensitive

It's only my observation. I'd honestly ditch the pre workout carbs IMO.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are your meals currently?

How do you feel after a mixed meal?

The only thing I can foresee is with simple sugars pre workout (unless not alone ) with combination of stims can cause insulin resistance to a degree and then with exercise and your bodies glut 4 translocating to the surface of te cells with additional glucose and cause a high spike and rapid drop in sugar once the cells are more sensitive

It's only my observation. I'd honestly ditch the pre workout carbs IMO.
I generally eat healthy. chicken, tuna, rice, potatoes, beef, mixed veggies, eggs, chicken sausage. And occasionally a sweet treat.
I am generally fatigued throughout the day to be honest. I chalk that up to my low T though. But I guess at about ~600-700 I am not low anymore.
Could any of what you are talking about contribute to fatigue?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I generally eat healthy. chicken, tuna, rice, potatoes, beef, mixed veggies, eggs, chicken sausage. And occasionally a sweet treat.
I am generally fatigued throughout the day to be honest. I chalk that up to my low T though. But I guess at about ~600-700 I am not low anymore.
Could any of what you are talking about contribute to fatigue?
Dehydration can contribute to that as well. Low sugars (depending on individual ) can cause fatigue. Personally at sugars in the high 50s low 60s for me I'm generally ok. If I dip a tad under that I feel like death

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dehydration can contribute to that as well. Low sugars (depending on individual ) can cause fatigue. Personally at sugars in the high 50s low 60s for me I'm generally ok. If I dip a tad under that I feel like death
I plan on grabbing a glucometer from work and testing my blood sugar a few times a day for a week. We'll see what is trending that way. Maybe I will have some quality insight.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you figure out what was causing these symptoms?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Are you seriously worried about having low blood sugar symptoms 4 times in 10 months? And you think you're having diabetic symptoms? Wow you guys really do jump to the worst case scenarios huh? Ever hear of reactive hypoglycemia? Seriously don't listen to these guys I'm sorry but these guys are already diagnosing you with hyperinsulemia. I mean wtf...it's ridiculous..it really is. Sometimes low blood sugar is natural and you're talking 4 ****ing times in 10 months

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
Diabetic here. It sounds like you are going hypoglycemic (low) I'd advise to have a preworkout meal that's higher in fat and carbs to keep the insulin from a sharp spike, it'll help. I'd get a meter from walgreens and test your sugar before and during workout. The meter should come with 10 test strips and enough to maybe see a trend. Or simply keep a few juice boxes and a protein bar/granola bar or glucose tabs in your gym bag. Its what I do.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Diabetic here. It sounds like you are going hypoglycemic (low) I'd advise to have a preworkout meal that's higher in fat and carbs to keep the insulin from a sharp spike, it'll help. I'd get a meter from walgreens and test your sugar before and during workout. The meter should come with 10 test strips and enough to maybe see a trend. Or simply keep a few juice boxes and a protein bar/granola bar or glucose tabs in your gym bag. Its what I do.
Yea but you agree that doesn't mean they have diabetes right?

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
Yea but you agree that doesn't mean they have diabetes right?
Oh god no. You can have low blood sugars and not be diabetic. If you had diabetes , your numbers would more than likely be sky high, you'd drink gallons of water a day, and be pissing every 30 seconds. Not to mention you'd smell like chemicals from the body starting to go into keto-acidosis. A low here and there is fine, as long as it doesn't become a daily thing