cottage cheese......

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Mellow33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    36
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    54.06%

    Black pepper and I occasionally cut up some mushrooms or green pepper and add

  2. New Member
    sheepdog.tx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    9745
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    76.49%

    Next to lentals and tuna cottage cheese is about the cheapest per gram of protien you can find.
  3. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,485
    Rep Power
    1214964
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    18.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog.tx View Post
    Next to lentals and tuna cottage cheese is about the cheapest per gram of protien you can find.
    Agreed. High nutritional value aswell. Simple and can be made tasty.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    ShaneSolomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    29958
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    27.94%

    What % fat cottage cheese do you eat? Or do you eat the fat free?

    May sound dumb but I only will eat 4% and certain brands and I LOVE it plain.
    Others taste weird and I just can't do it without creating some weird science experiment of mixing a bunch of stuff in to be able to choke it down. Haha

    Try different brands, there IS a huge difference in taste sometimes.
    I think you might thank me.
  5. New Member
    MaXopA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    74489
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    25.62%

    I wonder why so far nobody mentioned throwing in some coconut milk. I could eat that all day long. If it wasn't for its high insulinemic response, I'd eat it pre-, intra- and post-workout lol

    200g Cottage Cheese (4% fat)
    100g Coconut Oil
    1 teaspoon sweetener

    RESULT
    28g Protein and 28g healthy MCT fats = WIN
  6. Advanced Member
    TKC432's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    43
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    558944
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    rooster sauce! Spiracha . I eat a ton of cottage cheese as part of my regular protein diet. I put it in protein shakes as well. You can add anything to it. I use it in tuna rather than mayo. Cut half an avocado into it with some garlic powder and a little rooster sauce ....
  7. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,485
    Rep Power
    1214964
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    18.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MaXopA View Post
    I wonder why so far nobody mentioned throwing in some coconut milk. I could eat that all day long. If it wasn't for its high insulinemic response, I'd eat it pre-, intra- and post-workout lol

    200g Cottage Cheese (4% fat)
    100g Coconut Oil
    1 teaspoon sweetener

    RESULT
    28g Protein and 28g healthy MCT fats = WIN
    Coconut oil also contains long chain. The more you know.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  8. Elite Member
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9,128
    Rep Power
    3842294
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    83.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TKC432 View Post
    rooster sauce! Spiracha . I eat a ton of cottage cheese as part of my regular protein diet. I put it in protein shakes as well. You can add anything to it. I use it in tuna rather than mayo. Cut half an avocado into it with some garlic powder and a little rooster sauce ....
    Cottage cheese in tuna???
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com



    @RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.
  9. Advanced Member
    TKC432's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    43
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    558944
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Cottage cheese in tuna???
    Yeah buddy! Don't knock it till you've tried it. It is a good replacement for mayo in a standard tuna mix. On top of that it insures nobody else in the house will touch it .... all mine LOL My kids look at me like I am sick in the head no matter how I eat my cottage cheese but this one always gets them out of the kitchen.
  10. Elite Member
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9,128
    Rep Power
    3842294
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    83.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TKC432 View Post
    Yeah buddy! Don't knock it till you've tried it. It is a good replacement for mayo in a standard tuna mix. On top of that it insures nobody else in the house will touch it .... all mine LOL My kids look at me like I am sick in the head no matter how I eat my cottage cheese but this one always gets them out of the kitchen.
    Not knocking it. Interested, actually. I'll definitely give it a go. I'm tired of using pickle juice as a substitute.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com



    @RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.
  11. New Member
    gruntz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    29703
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    67.88%

    Just tried the tuna and cottage cheese mix... not bad. Not bad at all.
  12. Advanced Member
    TKC432's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Age
    43
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    558944
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gruntz View Post
    Just tried the tuna and cottage cheese mix... not bad. Not bad at all.
    Add some dill relish, a little crushed garlic and a diced green onion and you will soon forget mayo was ever an ingredient .... and again, it insures that nobody else will steal your protein rich tuna meal from the fridge LOL

    Glad you tried it.
  13. New Member
    sheepdog.tx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    9745
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    76.49%

    Quote Originally Posted by TKC432 View Post
    Add some dill relish, a little crushed garlic and a diced green onion and you will soon forget mayo was ever an ingredient .... and again, it insures that nobody else will steal your protein rich tuna meal from the fridge LOL

    Glad you tried it.
    Blending up the cottage cheese to make it more of a mayo consistancy helps.
    Ageforce rep, Provider of high quality, patch delivered supplementation.
    Follow my 8 week log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/241734-lean-bulk-recomp.html
  14. New Member
    Obernodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    16
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    58.02%

    In the evening, with eggs and some green vegetables would be perfect!
  15. New Member
    MyKH3LL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    122204
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    37.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by TKC432 View Post
    Yeah buddy! Don't knock it till you've tried it. It is a good replacement for mayo in a standard tuna mix. On top of that it insures nobody else in the house will touch it .... all mine LOL My kids look at me like I am sick in the head no matter how I eat my cottage cheese but this one always gets them out of the kitchen.
    Hmmmm.... great idea! I might try blending a lil cottage cheese (for mayo consistency) and mixing it with some tuna and half an avocado, red onion and tablespoon of chilli sauce this afternoon
    I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there... Please save me, Superman!
  16. New Member
    HooahSwoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    15
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    75.33%

    I love cottage cheese personally. Nothing in this world beats peach halves, and cottage cheese piled on top! The peaches add a nice juicy sweet flavor. Also my #2 favorite is pineapple chunks with cottage cheese.
  17. Senior Member
    drinkyboy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,162
    Rep Power
    118551
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    22.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HooahSwoll View Post
    I love cottage cheese personally. Nothing in this world beats peach halves, and cottage cheese piled on top! The peaches add a nice juicy sweet flavor. Also my #2 favorite is pineapple chunks with cottage cheese.
    huge fan of peaches and cottage cheese. Also like tomatoes and crushed black pepper. Now I'm hungry
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. cottage cheese question
    By glenihan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 12:48 AM
  2. besides cottage cheese
    By BOHICA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 11:43 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 06:37 AM
  4. cottage cheese no salt added
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 02:16 PM
  5. No tuna!!! mmmm Cottage cheese
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 02:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in