Nutrition and Health Roundtable

Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    Who needs to snack on skittles I'll just crunch on a handful of raspberry ketones when I study.
    Most old school female nurses that's who lol. They eat more candy than children on Halloween
    Founder & Owner
    Aspire. Train. Perform. Nutrition
    "More than a supplement company."

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    I'm curious anyone know of any pro bodybuilders that are keto proponents? Also, in regards to performance in athletes I've never seen a positive one for keto vs high to moderate carb diets. Anyone that has any info on that care to elucidate me?
    Founder & Owner
    Aspire. Train. Perform. Nutrition
    "More than a supplement company."
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    This is my favourite part to the thread so far lol.

    I, too like to play devil's advocate.

    as do I, you can truly understand a topic when you understand it from all viewpoints.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    Who needs to snack on skittles I'll just crunch on a handful of raspberry ketones when I study.
    Lol, I wish I could agree, but Raspberry Ketones are not Ketone bodies produced in Ketosis. Completely different despite the name.

    Sugars are actually ketones but you can't use much of them to stay in of ketosis
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'm curious anyone know of any pro bodybuilders that are keto proponents? Also, in regards to performance in athletes I've never seen a positive one for keto vs high to moderate carb diets. Anyone that has any info on that care to elucidate me?
    I'm not sure, but I doubt many would opt for this route., especially long term. I only like low-carb because of the health related benefits (improved lipid profile and cardiovascular health) but it comes at a cost of feeling 'flat' when really depleted.

    The thing with keto studies on athletes is that those athletes are never keto adapted. If anyone can find a study that involves a keto adapted athlete vs. a higher carb athlete then i'd love to read it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'm curious anyone know of any pro bodybuilders that are keto proponents? Also, in regards to performance in athletes I've never seen a positive one for keto vs high to moderate carb diets. Anyone that has any info on that care to elucidate me?
    There is a couple studies on endurance athletes and one on olympic gymnast
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   
       

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'm curious anyone know of any pro bodybuilders that are keto proponents?
    Dave Palumbo

    The Palumbo Diet:

    http://thisiswhyyourejacked.com/dave...etogenic-diet/
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Man I've known Dave for years! Got me hooked on the keto diet. Now I just carb cycle BC it's an easier lifestyle

    Good premise but not always hitting people's metabolic capacity
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Man I've known Dave for years! Got me hooked on the keto diet. Now I just carb cycle BC it's an easier lifestyle

    Good premise but not always hitting people's metabolic capacity
    Agree, this is why a lot of people do not have success with it, but for some its gold. Some thrive off lower carb and massive refeeds, some don't. Everyone is different.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Is he a keto person? OR did he just develop this keto diet?

    That diet is pretty bad as well.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Is he a keto person? OR did he just develop this keto diet?

    That diet is pretty bad as well.
    he is a keto person, hence why its the Dave Palumbo diet, because he is a major advocate of it.
    As bad as somethings look on paper it does not mean in real life the results will be bad. You can clearly see from himself and some of his clients how shredded they get utilizing it.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    he is a keto person, hence why its the Dave Palumbo diet, because he is a major advocate of it.
    As bad as somethings look on paper it does not mean in real life the results will be bad. You can clearly see from himself and some of his clients how shredded they get utilizing it.
    Ah nice, thanks for that. I didn't know any pro-BBers would be long-term keto. Oh, i wasn't doubting how effective it would be for its intended purpose, but it lacks in a whole host of important nutrients.

    I look at micros before macros.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Ah nice, thanks for that. I didn't know any pro-BBers would be long-term keto. Oh, i wasn't doubting how effective it would be for its intended purpose, but it lacks in a whole host of important nutrients.

    I look at micros before macros.
    Could not agree more on your last statement, but then again , some bodybuilders take 0 pride in that, their sole focus is how they look on stage, and not their long term health or their health in general. a 5$ plastic trophy means more, which is a shame, but truth.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Could not agree more on your last statement, but then again , some bodybuilders take 0 pride in that, their sole focus is how they look on stage, and not their long term health or their health in general. a 5$ plastic trophy means more, which is a shame, but truth.
    Too true.

    Thanks for the insight!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  14. Whats everyones daily protein intake? Do you aim for 1g per pound? More?

    I consume ~225-250g per day and i weigh in at 200
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Whats everyones daily protein intake? Do you aim for 1g per pound? More?

    I consume ~225-250g per day and i weigh in at 200
    ^^^ Same.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Whats everyones daily protein intake? Do you aim for 1g per pound? More?

    I consume ~225-250g per day and i weigh in at 200
    I usually take in closer to 270 @ 185lb. Mostly just because I enjoy my meats and shakes more then carbs

  17. My protein hovers around the 300mark at 190lbs (6-8% bf) I've tried lower closer to 1:1lb and higher 2:1lb and unless on assistance the 2:1 isn't needed, at 1:1 gains seems slow, body comp looks poor along with performance.

    Something is like to broach.....

    I've briefly read through this and wanted to add in my .02 mostly on keto VS. traditional diets (6-7meals complex carbs 1st half of the day, lower fats)

    I'm 4 weeks into a more traditional diet set up after openly being a keto advocate for years here are a few bullet points on each I've noticed

    Traditional

    Pros:
    Fuller
    Bigger pumps
    Endurance
    Vascular

    Cons:
    Hunger
    Strength gains are slow
    Food cravings are intense ("bad" foods)

    Keto

    Pros:
    More flexible calorie count
    Less hunger
    Drier appearance
    Faster strength gains
    Refeeds of "less than ideal foods"

    Cons:
    Flat
    Poor vascularity (in comparison)
    Limited food choices
    Poor endurance
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    My protein hovers around the 300mark at 190lbs (6-8% bf) I've tried lower closer to 1:1lb and higher 2:1lb and unless on assistance the 2:1 isn't needed, at 1:1 gains seems slow, body comp looks poor along with performance.

    Something is like to broach.....

    I've briefly read through this and wanted to add in my .02 mostly on keto VS. traditional diets (6-7meals complex carbs 1st half of the day, lower fats)

    I'm 4 weeks into a more traditional diet set up after openly being a keto advocate for years here are a few bullet points on each I've noticed

    Traditional

    Pros:
    Fuller
    Bigger pumps
    Endurance
    Vascular

    Cons:
    Hunger
    Strength gains are slow
    Food cravings are intense ("bad" foods)

    Keto

    Pros:
    More flexible calorie count
    Less hunger
    Drier appearance
    Faster strength gains
    Refeeds of "less than ideal foods"

    Cons:
    Flat
    Poor vascularity (in comparison)
    Limited food choices
    Poor endurance
    These are exactly the same differences I noticed as well. Great input DW.

    I'm usually around the 350-370g of protein a day with all but 50g coming from solid foods at 220lbs right now.

    I've gone up to 500 with only 1 more shake and the rest solid food but didn't notice any added benefit that justified it.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Whats everyones daily protein intake? Do you aim for 1g per pound? More?

    I consume ~225-250g per day and i weigh in at 200
    175g-200g per day. Lower end on higher carb days and higher end when I eat more fats (I tend to like fattier protein sources on those days so it just ends up being more protein too ).

    Interesting thread so far. I've been following but not commenting.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  20. 275-325 grams at 195 lbs. Depending on higher or lower carb days.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  21. Pretty decent intakes. I love my meats so hitting my protein target isn't difficult but just expensive lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Pretty decent intakes. I love my meats so hitting my protein target isn't difficult but just expensive lol.
    This. even though i am a low fat diet, i still include 90/10, 95/5 beef as my 2 main sources next to chicken/egg whites
    I use about 1 scoop of protein a day.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

    This. even though i am a low fat diet, i still include 90/10, 95/5 beef as my 2 main sources next to chicken/egg whites
    I use about 1 scoop of protein a day.
    Ive been adding alot of extra lean ground turkey into my diet recently. Great macros for keeping fats low and protein high. 4 ozs has 2 gr fat and 26g protein
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Ive been adding alot of extra lean ground turkey into my diet recently. Great macros for keeping fats low and protein high. 4 ozs has 2 gr fat and 26g protein
    I wish turkey was cheaper here. I would definitely add that into my plan if it were. I eat a lot of Lamb instead.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    I wish turkey was cheaper here. I would definitely add that into my plan if it were. I eat a lot of Lamb instead.
    99% lean here is about $4 a lb
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    I wish turkey was cheaper here. I would definitely add that into my plan if it were. I eat a lot of Lamb instead.
    Its definitely not cheap here either lol. The extra lean Is like $7.50 a lb!!! Highway robbery
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    Its definitely not cheap here either lol. The extra lean Is like $7.50 a lb!!! Highway robbery
    ouch. .... how much is 96% beef?
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

    99% lean here is about $4 a lb
    Sounds like I need to move down there lol even the 93/7 stuff here is 5.50 a lb
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

    ouch. .... how much is 96% beef?
    About the same
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  30. But you can buy 80/20 beef for like 3$ a lb...no wonder americas fat...thats a whole nother thread though lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 12:27 AM
  2. High GI carbs pwo and health?
    By chainsaw in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
  3. High GI carbs pwo and health?
    By chainsaw in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 07:35 PM
  4. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism
    By meowmeow in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 02:35 PM
  5. Peg 400 and health Concerns
    By Stingray in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Log in
Log in