Cheap walmart whey gives me bad heart burn.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well as I am writing this I feel stupid, because I have been up all night with heart burn, since I drank my shake before bed. I have been getting the six star protein from walmart for about a year now. I have very bad acid reflux and every time I drink it, it either makes me feel really heavy and bloated, or it gives me heart burn. Keep in mind, if I drink milk it doesn't really bother my stomach. I'm sort of on a budget, so that's why I've been getting this protein. I am looking for a replacement. Has anyone, who suffers from acid reflux like me had any luck with certain brands? I've seen a lot of unflavored whey online, which I would rather drink, because I don't like consuming "artificial flavors" everyday. The whey I've seen online has been decently priced, however the shipping always cost something ridiculous, like $10-$15.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I have used that stuff once and only once and felt horrible after it. I find its better to either invest in a quality supplement or go to whole food. Based on you taking a shake before bed and not whole food I would recommend iForce Protean or Isotean depending on how fast you want it to absorb in your system.

Have you been getting these symptoms for a year now? I know you said your on a budget but why keep getting it if you did?

Other option, Tumbs?

LivingStrongE

Awards
I have used that stuff once and only once and felt horrible after it. I find its better to either invest in a quality supplement or go to whole food. Based on you taking a shake before bed and not whole food I would recommend iForce Protean or Isotean depending on how fast you want it to absorb in your system.

Have you been getting these symptoms for a year now? I know you said your on a budget but why keep getting it if you did?

Other option, Tumbs?
This. I would get iForce Isotean which is quick absorbing isolates. I actually lived off those Walmart proteins when I first started since I was really broke. I didn't get any side effects but I felt as the quality wasn't to great but you get what you pay for. I would always look for promo codes online when it came to shipping but Nutraplanet has good prices.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established

Other option, Tumbs?
Because most of the time I usually only get the bloating feeling, which isn't nice but it isn't as bad as the hurt burn. I'll usually get the hurt burn at night, so I've tried to take it during the day. Things don't always workout that way though.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Because most of the time I usually only get the bloating feeling, which isn't nice but it isn't as bad as the hurt burn. I'll usually get the hurt burn at night, so I've tried to take it during the day. Things don't always workout that way though.
I know $$$ are tight but sounds like you need a new protein

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I know $$$ are tight but sounds like you need a new protein
Right, I'm going to try and look at the brand at costco. I don't remember the brand name sadly, but it had 4 ingredients. It had sucrose as a sweetener, but that was it. I think it was $40 for 5 pounds. I just wish I could remember the brand. It was in a packet, not a tub. Sadly, I don't have a membership to costco but my grandmother's friend does.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I cant do the Walmart Protein -- its low quality. Check out iForce Protean or Isotean.. they are absolutely Delicious!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I cant do the Walmart Protein -- its low quality. Check out iForce Protean or Isotean.. they are absolutely Delicious!
This right here, I tried them before, and no bueno. I would stick with Protean or Isotean for sure.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right, I'm going to try and look at the brand at costco. I don't remember the brand name sadly, but it had 4 ingredients. It had sucrose as a sweetener, but that was it. I think it was $40 for 5 pounds. I just wish I could remember the brand. It was in a packet, not a tub. Sadly, I don't have a membership to costco but my grandmother's friend does.
Costco always has the best deals and my friends who use that brand, likes it. I get a 5lb tub of ON from my gym for $40.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
better off sticking to something quality like Protean.....personally for me I like to have at least 5lbs extra protein in the closet at all times to prevent wal mart runs in emergencies

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Mix some Red Velvet Protean with plain greek yogurt! its the bomb

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mix some Red Velvet Protean with plain greek yogurt! its the bomb
i would love to try that....i take protein powder in yogurt to work everyday with me

red velvet is one thing i've never tried and wish i would have