Away from home nutrition (food ideas)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I am now a full time student and currently unemployed so I am trying to be very frugal . Looking for some ideas for packable snacks. Here is how a typical school day will go

Wake 6am. Get son ready for school and put him on the bus by 7am
7am-8am Workout
8am post workout meal
10am Leave for school
11am-12:30am Classes
Hour lunch break
1:30pm-5pm Classes
5pm-7pm Study
7pm Leave for home

So between the hours of 10am-8pm I will be away from home. I should get a decent sized post workout meal in and when I get home that evening I will get a decent size dinner in. Just looking for some snack type foods to munch on while on campus. The more satiating and satisfying the better. Really trying to avoid buying food everyday. o So far all I can come up with is protein shakes, yogurts, protein bars, etc.

Thanks

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I am now a full time student and currently unemployed so I am trying to be very frugal . Looking for some ideas for packable snacks. Here is how a typical school day will go

7am-8am Workout
8am post workout meal
10am Leave for school
Hour lunch break
5pm-7pm Study
7pm Leave for home

So between the hours of 10am-8pm I will be away from home. I should get a decent sized post workout meal in and when I get home that evening I will get a decent size dinner in. Just looking for some snack type foods to munch on while on campus. The more satiating and satisfying the better. Really trying to avoid buying food everyday. o So far all I can come up with is protein shakes, yogurts, protein bars, etc.

Thanks
LTL uses those little individual tuna packs.

That might be worth giving a shot.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Beef jerky (not very cheap tho), homemade trail mixes (fruit granola jerky nuts etc), dried fruits, apples/oranges

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is why I IF. 2 meals breakfast n dinner.

Eat big stay full.

Other wise protein powders jars of pb. Jerky and tuna

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
A can of mixed nuts in your backpack will go a long way.
This.

I'm a student and have a full time job so I'm constantly eating "on the road".

Couple bags of peanuts for $1 or so is usually my go-to snack.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

7am-8am Workout
8am post workout meal
10am Leave for school
Hour lunch break
5pm-7pm Study
7pm Leave for home

Thanks
Really depends on diet man... you high carb low carb?

Jackriddle

Awards
you can prepare no bake peanut butter balls for you lunch snacks they will give you nutrition and protein.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Green lentils for fiber, smartbalance oil for fat, white rice in bulk for carbs, chicken breast/bulk protein powder for protein.

That's as frugal as it gets. Pre-cook in large amounts and put in containers for the day.

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
you can prepare no bake peanut butter balls for you lunch snacks they will give you nutrition and protein.
Oh these are a great idea (maybe not on a hot day?)

My GF made them the other day and they're delicious if you're a peanut butter lover like myself. Make sure you have something to wash em down though because those suckers are rich!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 cup of Greek Yogurt, half scoop of Protean....got a nice protein packed snack, add in berries, more protein powder or carb powder if desired