80/20 beef

  1. 80/20 beef


    Should I completly stay away from 80/20 beef. I kno I should jus choose a leaner ratio of beef but sometimes it's all thats in the house or it's so much cheaper nd it's all that I can affored haha. Sometimes what it comes down to is, either eat the 80/20 or jus don't eat any red meat at all


  2. 1) No. Fat is good for you. You need fat when bulking, cutting, recomp whatever. The body needs fat, and meat is a great source.

    2)Beef...It's whats for dinner! This explains why 80/20 is cheaper, and could actually be more lean
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   
       


  3. I believe the USDA even approved a cheaper fattier form within the last 6 months of 73/27 i think. Dont quote me, but some fat helps and 80/20 can work especially if your draining away most of the fat. Its cheap, available, and easy to work with on flavor.
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    1) No. Fat is good for you. You need fat when bulking, cutting, recomp whatever. The body needs fat, and meat is a great source.

    2)Beef...It's whats for dinner! This explains why 80/20 is cheaper, and could actually be more lean
    That is an awesome thread.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  5. Does it become more like 90/10

  6. I prefer 93/7. Just enough fat to have good flavor. If I need some extra fat I throw on some natty PB.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    I posted this in another thread that explains why I feel 80/20 to be a better choice.
    Good stuff.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  8. I personally prefer the 90/10 or better of quality beef. Not really because I am concerned with the fat but because when I grill my burgers they shrink down to much with more fat. I get plenty of flavor from the seasoning that I add and the leaner meat cooks more consistently.

  9. Do u think that when they shrink it's more protein thats being lost or more fat?

  10. Its the fat melting off. The fatter or poorer quality meat the more they shrink. I have noticed that when I get meat from one particular large retail store that the meat may say 90/10 but they always shrink more than the others. Poor quality meat and or labeled incorrectly.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Kleaver View Post
    Its the fat melting off. The fatter or poorer quality meat the more they shrink. I have noticed that when I get meat from one particular large retail store that the meat may say 90/10 but they always shrink more than the others. Poor quality meat and or labeled incorrectly.
    That's from them pumping it with a liquid filler. It's basically water draining away.

  12. You can make 80/20 into ~96/4 by doing the rinse method. Cook the beef in about a 1/2 vegetable oil, pour into a strainer and dump boiling water over it. The fat cooks off and stays with the oil, since the oil is hydrophobic it washes off with the water. There is a Marc lobliner video on YouTube and the method is from some university Dr. Its pretty handy if you need protein and not fat for your macros.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by broken bottle View Post
    You can make 80/20 into ~96/4 by doing the rinse method. Cook the beef in about a 1/2 vegetable oil, pour into a strainer and dump boiling water over it. The fat cooks off and stays with the oil, since the oil is hydrophobic it washes off with the water. There is a Marc lobliner video on YouTube and the method is from some university Dr. Its pretty handy if you need protein and not fat for your macros.
    Interesting I have just enough time to try this
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/

  14. Quote Originally Posted by broken bottle
    You can make 80/20 into ~96/4 by doing the rinse method. Cook the beef in about a 1/2 vegetable oil, pour into a strainer and dump boiling water over it. The fat cooks off and stays with the oil, since the oil is hydrophobic it washes off with the water. There is a Marc lobliner video on YouTube and the method is from some university Dr. Its pretty handy if you need protein and not fat for your macros.
    Makes it taste and have the texture of rubber.

  15. A little saturated fats don't hurt no one infact it increases test

  16. Quote Originally Posted by nikolce View Post
    A little saturated fats don't hurt no one infact it increases test
    Dunno about second part but ya, I <3 sat fats
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  17. I love 80/20 for a bulk i swear since I started using 80/20 I'm able to add a lot more calories to my bulk that were impossible to reach before.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 1lb. 80/20 ground beef = what macros cooked?!
    By thewolf49 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 03:35 PM
  2. 80% ground beef?
    By Machwon1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 08:44 AM
  3. BMR, 40/40/20 and 40/30/30 spreadsheet
    By Lifeguard in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 03:09 PM
  4. 20 Bodybuilding Regulations
    By msclbldrguy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 05:20 PM
  5. Beef Jerky
    By Inzah Dude in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Log in
Log in