Anyone else dabble with chicken thighs?

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I usually get skinned and boneless thighs and throw them on the grill with some Jack Daniels sauce for a post workout meal. A little bit more in fat content but supposedly they are high in zinc as well.

Anyone else have any easy chicken thigh recipes?

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I also like chicken thighs. I get tired of dry white meat breasts. I season them with pepper and cinnamon and bake in oven covered for 50 min on 375. I also make them in slow cooker seasoned the same and add mushrooms and carrots. Takes about 4-5 hrs but the flavor is amazing.

Rob94hawk

Rob94hawk

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I also like chicken thighs. I get tired of dry white meat breasts. I season them with pepper and cinnamon and bake in oven covered for 50 min on 375. I also make them in slow cooker seasoned the same and add mushrooms and carrots. Takes about 4-5 hrs but the flavor is amazing.
That sounds damn good! Do you add any water in the slow cooker?

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
About 1cup is all. Its a large cooker and i use about 2-3lbs of chicken. When its done i drain the liquid off before putting it in fridge.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Check out slow cooker chicken curry made with thigh meat is amazing.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I will demolish some chicken thighs, salt, pepper, paprika, a little bit of turmeric baked at 375 for 45min served over some rice

67nova

Awards
My fav is franks redhot buffalo wing sauce on them,to me that's one banggin meal.

67nova

Awards
Awesome idea,i kinda like hot bacon dressing on my spinach now(im a very low carb eater)

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
Never thought about using cinnamon on chicken. Sounds like something I'm going to have to try.

67nova

Awards
Cinnamon isn't to bad.Thanks for the new idea(bacon,blue cheese,wing sauce)its my b-day and been in a servere cal defiect for 2months not even trying(wasn't counting cals)and feeling no better then I was doing a modified paleo plan(use raw milk,kirfer ect..)might be the cals but todays my day to take in a butt load of cals from whatever I feel like.

Never really had a cheat meal and been eating clean(99%)for to many moons.Mental break and some extra cals I pray will give back the energy I was had.Im more of a vegetable now then a athlete

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I was looking at chicken thighs the other day as well because Im so sick of chicken breast. I didn't grab them but this thread has given me some ideas so next grocery trip I'm going to. Never been a fan of dark meat but I think at this point the change would lead me to enjoy it more then I enjoy white meat right now. At least for a minute I hope. Well see

TexasGuy

Awards
Bone in, skin on:

Rub with black pepper, Tony Chachere's and garlic powder. Inside skin and out.

Put them on a charcoal grill, coat with barbecue sauce about 15 minutes before you remove them. The heat should be such that you cook them for 30 -45 minutes (about 250 degrees). Too much hotter and you'll burn your sauce so adjust application timing accordingly. To do it right, the sauce has to be Stubb's Spicy.

Vinnyboombots

Vinnyboombots

Awards
Dark meat is definitely better tastier and not so friggen dry.