Diet help for gains please

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
Hey all I've been training for about 6 months now about 5-6 nights a week and I've reached a point where I can't seem to lift any heavier or get any gains my diet is
Breakfast: whey protein shake with rolled oats and an apple
Morning tea: brown rice with a protein (chicken, steak or turkey) and broccoli
Lunch: beans, snow peas and walnuts or almonds
Afternoon snack: apple and almonds or walnuts
Dinner: protein (chicken, steak, minced beef, turkey) with vegetables
And I always have a protein shake right after workouts I also take bcaa's before and after training and I only drink water so no soft drinks or sugars.
Any help to archiving better results would be very much appreciated because I'm stuck and its frustrating haha.
Thankyou
Timmywazza

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you track cals/macros?

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
No I don't I'm just keeping my meal sizes to an average I was told to eat fist sized meal protons but I've probably been eating a bit more then that. I had a hard time weighing out all my foods is their an easy way to do it?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No I don't I'm just keeping my meal sizes to an average I was told to eat fist sized meal protons but I've probably been eating a bit more then that. I had a hard time weighing out all my foods is their an easy way to do it?
I just use a 15$ scale I bought at the grocery store. What exactly did you have problems with? #1 thing you can do IMO is start tracking

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
I just use a 15$ scale I bought at the grocery store. What exactly did you have problems with? #1 thing you can do IMO is start tracking
When I tried counting calories last time I wasn't eating as clean and was out for weight loss rather then gains. I guess now that I'm more disciplined with my eating it won't be as hard. Is there a guide or something like that to follow? As in how much carb, protein and fats I should be eating for the best results? The main thing I'm concerned about is becoming fat again lol

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta eat to grow bud. Start by figuring your Maintence cals and go from there. Obviously your going to have to eat over Maintence to grow. As far as macros everyone is different and requires different macros to obtain goals. What are your stats now and what are your current goals?

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you one thing for sure, you need to kick up the carbs. If that list is how your eating every day your carbs are way to low. Depending on your goals you should be getting in 300-350g of carbs a day. Like everyone said try and track you macros, I use an app ( myfittnesspal) makes it really easy.

trn450

trn450

Awards
Gotta eat to grow bud. Start by figuring your Maintence cals and go from there. Obviously your going to have to eat over Maintence to grow. As far as macros everyone is different and requires different macros to obtain goals. What are your stats now and what are your current goals?
^ This.

There is no secret.

1-1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight. Have a decent meal structure around your workouts (research). Make sure you're eating above your maintenance calories. Lift weights, grow.

Lyle McDonald may not be the nicest guy on the planet (on his forum he's pretty much the biggest dick ever and acts like someone pissed in his Wheaties), but his work is great and he's probably got the single best repository of nutrition and training information that is well-substantiated and freely available on the internet. BodyRecomposition(dot)Com. Try getting on one of his beginner routines.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
I'm 85kgs at 180cm tall and I'd say without having it properly calculated my bf would be around 9-10%. I wanna just keep building now and seeing how far I can take it clean I guess I'd love to be pushing 90kgs by summer in Australia so that gives me a good 7 months. I just lost my **** laughing about that someone pissing in his weaties call that's great haha I'll jump on his site and check it out. Cheers for all the help guys I'm pretty new to all this so any help I can get is much appreciated.

trn450

trn450

Awards
I'm 85kgs at 180cm tall and I'd say without having it properly calculated my bf would be around 9-10%. I wanna just keep building now and seeing how far I can take it clean I guess I'd love to be pushing 90kgs by summer in Australia so that gives me a good 7 months. I just lost my **** laughing about that someone pissing in his weaties call that's great haha I'll jump on his site and check it out. Cheers for all the help guys I'm pretty new to all this so any help I can get is much appreciated.
Sounds good!

FYI, I think you may want to re-calculate your body fat percentage. If you're 5'10" (180cm) and 85kg (185lbs) at 9% bodyfat, you're already VERY muscular at only 6 months of training and bigger than most people will be naturally in their lifetimes at a comparable height.

TimmyWazza

TimmyWazza

Awards
Sounds good!

FYI, I think you may want to re-calculate your body fat percentage. If you're 5'10" (180cm) and 85kg (185lbs) at 9% bodyfat, you're already VERY muscular at only 6 months of training and bigger than most people will be naturally in their lifetimes at a comparable height.
Yeah I haven't done a proper calculation I'm just trying to compare myself with pictures of people with similar size so It's more then likely I'm a bit higher in bf then that and just giving myself an ego boost haha. I've only started serious weight training in the last 6 months but spent about a year or so dropping weight down from about 93kgs where I was overweight and had poor diet with no exercise lol

Jeniffer

Awards
Thanks a lot for sharing such an informative information with us.