Counting cooking oil ?

OptimusX

Awards
I recently began cooking with coconut oil, switched from olive oil. So my question is how do you count your cooking oil, how do you judge how much was absorbed into the food, primarily eggs in my case, or how much you ended up pouring down the drain ? I'm currently doing carb nite solution and have keeping count of everything and was curious as to how to count the cooking oil.

Thanks

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recently began cooking with coconut oil, switched from olive oil. So my question is how do you count your cooking oil, how do you judge how much was absorbed into the food, primarily eggs in my case, or how much you ended up pouring down the drain ? I'm currently doing carb nite solution and have keeping count of everything and was curious as to how to count the cooking oil.

Thanks
I do about the same thing as you. Count it as 1TBS or however much you use. If the oil is hot the food will absorb most of it while cooking and make sure it's cooked well.

After I'm finished cooking there isn't much of anything left in the pan

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Ya it's tough as some foods will absorb it more than others. You can get all technical and measure by weight but I think it's best to just eyeball it.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Whats ever left in the pan, let the pan cool off and drink whats left in the pan, do the same thing to your plate, just make sure no one is looking.

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
i count whatever I use. I put about 3 spoons in my protein shake usually and then I'll still cook with olive oil sometimes so I dont go through my Coconut oil too fast.

SChasEE

SChasEE

Awards

Thanks
Are you using Extra Virgin? I know that stuff burns up awefully quick!