Coconut oil

OptimusX

Awards
I went to the store tonight to make my first purchase of coconut oil. I saw a few different brands. Which one is preferred ? The LouAna was definitely the cheapest but didn't say anything about being refined, how it is processed or anything, just said pure coconut oil. Most of the other types were organic which different variations on how they were processed(expeller pressed, cold pressed etc) So which one is best ?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Based on what I've read here on AM, go with the cold pressed oil. That's what I did.

OptimusX

Awards
That's the one I got. However, it was also the most expensive, at $15 for a 15oz jar from Walmart.

GD67

GD67

Awards
I buy Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 15-Ounce Tubs (Pack of 2) from Amazon and with subscribe and save it's $12.73 this month.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Jarrow extra virgin. Usually the best price, and melting point is legit.

feather319

feather319

Awards
I buy Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 15-Ounce Tubs (Pack of 2) from Amazon and with subscribe and save it's $12.73 this month.
I second this. You want an extra virgin coconut oil for the max benefits. Nutiva is good. Costco carrys a good coconut oil too for around $15. Another good company is called Tropical Traditions.

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
I have the Nutiva, I love it. I use it in my protein shakes and to cook with. Got it from Amazon as well and it came quickly. Slight coconut taste which is nice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 9
Supplements 31
Supplements 55
DemntedCowboy Nutrition / Health 1