How do you eat your eggs? How many do you eat a day?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post

That does sound pretty awesome actually. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.
    She has the day off so I'm gonna make it sound like a good idea to try them today. I guess it calls for Greek yogurt, relish, onion, yolks and a ton of paprika. I will definetly update

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.14%

Name:  image-4067425976.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  471.2 KB

. So my first try at Greek yogurt deviled eggs was a fail. I tried going off a recipe online and it was crap, I doctored it to make it slightly better but I had already botched it by accidentally dumping an ass load of paprika in the mix. I'm normally a pretty good cook but I was missing a couple things I wanted to use. So I used paprika (oops amount) minced onion, Greek yogurt, horse radish , spicy brown mustard and a couple tbsp of water and I came out with what looks like brick red tile grout. They're edible and will be shoved in my flavor snout but the recipe will be reworked and posted when it doesn't taste like paprika paste:-/
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.88%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Every morning 2 whole, 6 whites then I top it off with 200g sweet potato red skin mash Valentina hot sauce, pepitas, and scallions.
    Name:  image-1947065153.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  573.7 KB
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Name:  image-4067425976.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  471.2 KB

. So my first try at Greek yogurt deviled eggs was a fail. I tried going off a recipe online and it was crap, I doctored it to make it slightly better but I had already botched it by accidentally dumping an ass load of paprika in the mix. I'm normally a pretty good cook but I was missing a couple things I wanted to use. So I used paprika (oops amount) minced onion, Greek yogurt, horse radish , spicy brown mustard and a couple tbsp of water and I came out with what looks like brick red tile grout. They're edible and will be shoved in my flavor snout but the recipe will be reworked and posted when it doesn't taste like paprika paste:-/
    Wouldnt sweat I've botched a few recipes, one of which i'm stuck eating for lunch today :/ Look forward to seeing the retry
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

After I cook a pound of bacon (hormone free), I pour the grease into a rocks glass. When it's egg time, I cook 'em in the grease. I leave the cast iron on the stovetop and just wipe it off when done.
    Also egg salad with hot sauce when I'm in a hurry (even though the mayo has all that rubbish N6 inflammatory fat). I've bought fancy sunflower-based mayo for the egg salad but it tastes funky like that
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.14%

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    After I cook a pound of bacon (hormone free), I pour the grease into a rocks glass. When it's egg time, I cook 'em in the grease. I leave the cast iron on the stovetop and just wipe it off when done.
    Also egg salad with hot sauce when I'm in a hurry (even though the mayo has all that rubbish N6 inflammatory fat). I've bought fancy sunflower-based mayo for the egg salad but it tastes funky like that
    Egg salad with hot sauce? That sounds like a recipe for some disastrous crop dust ammo. I gotta do that for work one day
  7. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

This looks to evolved into an egg recipe thread. My favorite way to consume eggs is deviled
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Liquid egg whites in two scoops of chocolate peanutbutter truetein makes a pretty good pudding. Or cooked oatmeal/pb/whey/eggwhites/ciinnamon blended together. Mmmmm
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

Egg salad with hot sauce? That sounds like a recipe for some disastrous crop dust ammo. I gotta do that for work one day
    Yes because otherwise there's not much flavor. I only go with Cholula chipotle flavor because it's smoky and not too vinegar-y.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

Oh, and if you hardboil eggs, you can keep the yolk nice and bright instead of getting the gray halo. Just dump out the boiling water and fill with ice cold water. Some kind of science behind that or whatever but it works
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.88%

Oh, and if you hardboil eggs, you can keep the yolk nice and bright instead of getting the gray halo. Just dump out the boiling water and fill with ice cold water. Some kind of science behind that or whatever but it works
    Put eggs in pot with room temp water, bring water to boil. As soon as water comes to boil turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid. Wait 6 min for soft boiled egg, 10 min for slightly soft, 12 min for cooked through. As soon as your timer is up immerse eggs in ice water or cold running tap water for 2-3 min.

Perfect eggs ever time.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.88%

Egg salad sandwich with lettuce ( I prefer iceberg cause I love the crunch) and bacon.

13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post

Egg salad sandwich with lettuce ( I prefer iceberg cause I love the crunch) and bacon.
    Shoot, if you don't have bacon you might as well be eating a bag of dix.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.94%

So many people eating egg whites makes me sad.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Lutztenways View Post
    Yeah, because the egg yolks are high in cholesterol and the cholesterol you eat raises your blood cholesterol.

oh wait.... no it doesn't (much)

Funny because I was eating hardboiled eggs with my daughters at our corporate ass gym cafe the other day. They don't like hardboiled yolks but eat them when they're cooked other ways. Anyway, I purposely ate the yolks just to see the fat lady's reaction sitting next to us--> literal jaw drop, she couldn't believe someone would eat an egg yolk like that.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Lutztenways View Post
    THANK YOU. I actually came to reply to this thread, just because of this reason, I am glad there is one other sane person out there.

Everyone else: For your sake, and the sake of sanity, STOP eating only the egg whites. Egg whites contain none of the vitamins and everything else that makes eggs ****ing awesome. Egg whites block biotin absorption.

Egg yolks are ****ing magic, they contain GOOD cholesterol, tons of healthy vitamins and nutrients, awesome for your fats. A calorie is not a calorie, whenever you are starving your body by feeding it things that contain no nutrients. Egg yolks contain enough biotin to offset the absorption blocking aspects of the egg whites. Never eat the white without the yolk. On the other hand, eat yolks by themself all day long.

The cholesterol in the yolk can become oxidized and damage from over cooking, so don't over cook, or even cook your yolk at all. SOME of the biotin blocking effects from the whites are negated when cooked, so one thing I will do is separate them, cook the white and drink the raw yolks.

Dietary cholesterol effecting blood cholesterol is bull****, the only time you have to worry about it is if you are consuming large amounts of damaged oxidized cholesterol. Your body makes way more cholesterol than you can eat - even with tons of egg yolks - and if you have high levels of blood cholesterol it's most likely from inflammation damage your body is trying to fix, and not from something you're eating.

A babies brain develops almost entirely on cholesterol, breast milk is extremely high in cholesterol. High healthy fat and cholesterol is magic, stop throwing it away.

I eat between 8 to 12 whole eggs a day, either raw or whites cooked and yolks raw. I would never consider NOT eating the yolks.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.72%

Yeah, because the egg yolks are high in cholesterol and the cholesterol you eat raises your blood cholesterol.

oh wait.... no it doesn't (much)

Funny because I was eating hardboiled eggs with my daughters at our corporate ass gym cafe the other day. They don't like hardboiled yolks but eat them when they're cooked other ways. Anyway, I purposely ate the yolks just to see the fat lady's reaction sitting next to us--> literal jaw drop, she couldn't believe someone would eat an egg yolk like that.
    They will help to raise your HDL (Good) cholesterol, LOW HDL cholesterol is the high indicator of heart disease. The ratio to your HDL and LDL is a much greater health risk, by having a high ratio than the total number. Furthermore high LDL ("bad") doesn't really mean anything, as there is different particle types, which are never checked for but that's what matters.

Ignore LDL, get your HDL as high as possible, and never ever take cholesterol lowering drugs. That's my plan, anyway.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post
    They will help to raise your HDL (Good) cholesterol, LOW HDL cholesterol is the high indicator of heart disease. The ratio to your HDL and LDL is a much greater health risk, by having a high ratio than the total number. Furthermore high LDL ("bad") doesn't really mean anything, as there is different particle types, which are never checked for but that's what matters.

Ignore LDL, get your HDL as high as possible, and never ever take cholesterol lowering drugs. That's my plan, anyway.

And nobody seems to talk about the severe negative effectcs statins have on the liver...

Yay short term results! We will get to the long term after the damage has been done. Flawed thinking and pharmaceutical marketing at it's best
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I average anywhere from 5 to 6 whole eggs per day. I'll usually chop up some mushrooms and add spinach to my scrambled mess. But, I like some ideas I've read on here and kudos to the OP for bringing this up!

Glad I'm not the only, too, who likes eating them whole!
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

I eat my eggs fried. I have them over medium, with garlic, pepper, a little salt, and some hot sauce. Usually I have a side of bacon with that and have been incorporating a blended lettuces/cabbages and broccoli drink with it lately.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.95%

Either western omelette or egg salad both with hot sauce of course
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.29%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    This looks to evolved into an egg recipe thread.
    Yes the participants who contributed to the thread should get together and publish a book entitled, "Eggzciting Eggs" and shop around for a publisher, we will of course give AM a cut of the proceeds as we have used their forum for the collaboration...
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.88%

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post
    THANK YOU. I actually came to reply to this thread, just because of this reason, I am glad there is one other sane person out there.

Everyone else: For your sake, and the sake of sanity, STOP eating only the egg whites. Egg whites contain none of the vitamins and everything else that makes eggs ****ing awesome. Egg whites block biotin absorption.

Egg yolks are ****ing magic, they contain GOOD cholesterol, tons of healthy vitamins and nutrients, awesome for your fats. A calorie is not a calorie, whenever you are starving your body by feeding it things that contain no nutrients. Egg yolks contain enough biotin to offset the absorption blocking aspects of the egg whites. Never eat the white without the yolk. On the other hand, eat yolks by themself all day long.

The cholesterol in the yolk can become oxidized and damage from over cooking, so don't over cook, or even cook your yolk at all. SOME of the biotin blocking effects from the whites are negated when cooked, so one thing I will do is separate them, cook the white and drink the raw yolks.

Dietary cholesterol effecting blood cholesterol is bull****, the only time you have to worry about it is if you are consuming large amounts of damaged oxidized cholesterol. Your body makes way more cholesterol than you can eat - even with tons of egg yolks - and if you have high levels of blood cholesterol it's most likely from inflammation damage your body is trying to fix, and not from something you're eating.

A babies brain develops almost entirely on cholesterol, breast milk is extremely high in cholesterol. High healthy fat and cholesterol is magic, stop throwing it away.

I eat between 8 to 12 whole eggs a day, either raw or whites cooked and yolks raw. I would never consider NOT eating the yolks.
    Wow your a real eggspert!!!!

HA HA HA Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha..... hum .... So boobs are cool right.

Just kidding, in the winter I eat all my egg yolks, but I'm cutting right now and it's a easy way to cut calories. If I try going low carb I'm basically useless on anything lower then 200g so cutting calories that way isn't an option.

I get people who freak out on me all the time when I say I eat 12 whole eggs a day.

24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post
    Wow your a real eggspert!!!!

HA HA HA Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha..... hum .... So boobs are cool right.

Just kidding, in the winter I eat all my egg yolks, but I'm cutting right now and it's a easy way to cut calories. If I try going low carb I'm basically useless on anything lower then 200g so cutting calories that way isn't an option.

I get people who freak out on me all the time when I say I eat 12 whole eggs a day.
    Boobs are ****ing awesome.

You will feel fuller and more satisfied by eating the yolks due to the high fat content, than by eating the fast absorbing protein of the white. If you want to cut calories throw out the whites and eat the yolks. IMHO.

Or eat less eggs...
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    It's very tasty on a cold winter day...
    Isn't this the most wonderful title?One of Scotland's national treasures. It is somewhere between a fish soup and a stew. Called 'Skink' locally. Whatever, it is a meal in a bowl and a very good one too. I could push the boat out and tell you you need Finnan Haddies to make it but I wouldn't be so cruel. Any smoked white fish will do. I used a mix of white and smoked cod. You do need the smoked fish to give the special flavour though. It is a perfect winter warmer or a good dish on a wet summer day here. Keep left over mashed potato to make this. It's a good use up.

Serves 4

Ingredients.

750 mls / 1.6 pints full fat milk or a mix of milk and cream if you are feeling decadent
    A small handful of chopped parsley (reserving the stalks)
    1 bay leaf
    12 black peppercorns
    450 gms /1lb Smoked haddock fillets or any firm white smoked fish or a mix of smoked and plain fish. Whatever you have or whatever you fancy.
    5ogms/ 2oz butter
    1 medium onion chopped
    2 scallions finely chopped
    200gms/8 oz buttered mashed potato
    Salt and Pepper

Garnish

Chopped parsley and four poached eggs.

Method

Pour the milk into a saucepan large enough to accommodate the fish.
    Add in the bay leaf, peppercorns, parsley stalks and fish.
    Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
    Remove from the heat and allow to infuse for five minutes or more.

Remove the fish, strain the poaching liquid and reserve.
    Flake the poached fish removing any skin and bones.

While the fish is poaching heat the butter in another saucepan and fry the onion until soft but not brown.

Then stir in the strained poaching liquid, then the mashed potatoes until you have a thick creamy consistency.

Add the chopped parsley leaves, chopped scallions and the flaked fish and simmer for another 4-5 minutes
    Season well with black pepper and salt if needed.
    Pour into serving bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and a poached egg.

Poached Eggs

You can of course poach the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water. A short cut is to put boiling water and a little vinegar into a microwavable dish. Make sure the water is enough to cover the eggs well. Microwave for a minute to make sure the water is good and hot. Swirl the water and drop in the egg and microwave for 30-40 seconds per egg. They will not cook a great deal after removal but will keep hot.
    subb'd for this recipe - reminds me of a fish soup I had in Scandinavia -

Eggs: staple food. my wife gets farm eggs at here work - I eat at least 4 hard boiled eggs per day. Scrambled/poached/omlette/etc on the weekends.... E
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

Is it worth the money to buy omega 3 eggs? IMO just eat more fish oil. Thoughts?
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.34%

Is it worth the money to buy omega 3 eggs? IMO just eat more fish oil. Thoughts?
    I think that's more bandaid than solution. I would go ahead and buy the omega-3 eggs. Organic doesn't seem to matter. You'll get better prices buying locally or directly from a farm than you will from a store, unless you have something like a Costco's or Sam's Club that happens to stock them (mine does, and I get them at 3.60 for 18).
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.72%

Personally I would advise against Omega 3 eggs. The chickens are fed a diet high in flax seeds which are often times contaminated with high levels of mycotoxins and the fats are oxidized. Generally things like that are used as animal feed is because it's not fit for human consumption.

From an article i found: "Additionally, I would STRONGLY encourage you to AVOID ALL omega-3 eggs, as they are actually LESS healthy for you. Typically, the animals are fed poor-quality sources of omega-3 fats that are already oxidized. Also, omega-3 eggs do not last anywhere near as long as non-omega-3 eggs. Remember, omega- 3 eggs are highly perishable and should be avoided."

The salmonella scare also comes from CAFO operations which is disgusting way to cage animals - the chickens die and are often left for days a time rotting with other chickens around. Rats transmit salmonella into the feed which the chickens eat and can potentially pass it into the egg. The other possibility of getting salmonella is from the shell itself. (this is only a concern when eating raw eggs).

Getting high quality eggs that are produced from farms that aren't disgusting is the most healthy way to eat eggs, and the safest.

When I buy eggs in the store I get the free range / cage free / certified humane organic eggs. I think they are around $4.50 per dozen instead of the ~$2.70. You may have to look around some. The certified organic means the chickens are not fed GMO feed containing pesticides.

When I don't get them from a store I get them from a friend with 25 chickens that lets them roam around all day in the sun eating bugs and everything else chickens were meant to eat, the yolks from his eggs are noticeably more orange from the additional nutrients the chickens can get.

I've digressed... Don't buy Omega 3 eggs.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    Yes the participants who contributed to the thread should get together and publish a book entitled, "Eggzciting Eggs" and shop around for a publisher, we will of course give AM a cut of the proceeds as we have used their forum for the collaboration...
    Haha I want my cut since I was the thread maker lol
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.18%

Not the most eggzciting recipe but effective tasty and fast.. Takes about 5 minutes to prepare. 40g oats+6whole large eggs.. Crack the eggs scramble together and stir in the Oats.Microwave for 5 minutes and top with sum sugar free syrup..

600kcal
    47p
    29c
    33f
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.51%

I usually do 2 whole eggs scrambled with spinach, onions, green and red peppers, Italian sausage, and pepper jack cheese. I add a little tobasco as well once its cooked. Sometimes I'll use the same ingredients and make an omelet
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

Right now I eat around 10 to 12 a day
    My record is 36 in one day.
    I normally scramble 3 whole eggs and 9 egg white. Hit them with some sea salt, pepper and franks hot sauce. Sometimes top with fat free cheese.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do you cooked your eggs?
    By TipTopShape in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 02:28 AM
  2. How do you consume your eggs? Raw or Cooked?
    By svtfocusman in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 10:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
  4. Fruit & Veg - How do you eat yours?
    By 200wannabe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:13 PM
  5. Where do you get your egg whites?
    By Rock Lee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13