Intermediate fasting feedback - POST HERE!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%

I understand that u can do 10g BCAAs pre/post with early morning fasted training... but let's say you feed 12-8pm and you workout at 8am, you're not doing any protein shake or anything post workout?? isn't that essential for recovery? Any clarifications here on why u can't and how this makes sense would be appreciated.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.27%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    No they are not... your not reading Martin's site at all dude.
    Only 10g before fasted training (if you do fasted training) thats it.
    if you train fed you can have them intra-workout.

BCAA's cause an insulin spike alone, therefore your breaking your fast because BCAA's are protein, they are free forms.

NO BCAA's during your fast... just water, coffee, tea etc.. unless your fasted training.. right off leangains guide.
    Ahhh I see! Thanks for that info
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.98%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by MavGoose View Post
    I understand that u can do 10g BCAAs pre/post with early morning fasted training... but let's say you feed 12-8pm and you workout at 8am, you're not doing any protein shake or anything post workout?? isn't that essential for recovery? Any clarifications here on why u can't and how this makes sense would be appreciated.
    Then start your window early
    or AS STATED ON THE WEBSITE
    take 10g every 2 hours post-workout until your first meal.

Do you guys read the site (just curious)

this is all right off the leangains guide article under favorites or most read
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%

Then start your window early
    or AS STATED ON THE WEBSITE
    take 10g every 2 hours post-workout until your first meal.

Do you guys read the site (just curious)

this is all right off the leangains guide article under favorites or most read
    Yes I did read it. I wasn't asking what the site suggests as it was clearly stated. My question was about if no post-workout shake would be detrimental and maybe someone shedding light on the science of it because I have searched and found no answers... I do realize starting the feeding period post-workout would be one answer.
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.98%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by MavGoose View Post
    Yes I did read it. I wasn't asking what the site suggests as it was clearly stated. My question was about if no post-workout shake would be detrimental and maybe someone shedding light on the science of it because I have searched and found no answers... I do realize starting the feeding period post-workout would be one answer.
    You dont need a post-workout shake ever.. period.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.27%
    Achievements Activity Pro

You dont need a post-workout shake ever.. period.
    I've read having a post workout shake is just bro science
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.35%

Starting doing IF off and on a approx 4 weeks ago. I do not have an appetite in the morning so after reading about this I found this to be some relief. My wife and I have been taught how important it is to wake up and break that fast and I force myself to eat and many times it makes me sick. There is something odd about me and I don't even like the smell of food when I wake up. Then I find out about IF and I love it.

I dropped from 178 to 171 in a 7 day period and got a little freaked out. Went back to a typical eating routine and put the calories back in to get back to a comfortable 172-174 range where I'm comfortable. The panic had me in the gym checking all my lifts to see if I lost any strength and thank god everything is good. Going forward I will do this at 5 days at a time.

For me the stress of an unwanted breakfast keeps me sane. The bull**** itty bitty 6 meals is over!!! I hate that the most. I'm still new to this but I will give it about 3 months and see how I've adjusted. So far this diet is very nice for the way I live and I would recommend it to anyone who has the same thoughts or issues as I.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.98%

Quote Originally Posted by dsbhaver View Post
    I've read having a post workout shake is just bro science
    Very good.

I did an interview with Alan Aragon Here:

http://www.machinemuscle.com/intervi...t-alan-aragon/

His response:

"This varies with the sport and the goal, but for general fitness goals (which include muscle gain or retention), I default to my classic recommendation of about a quarter of a gram of protein per pound of lean mass, ingested within 1-2 hours of both sides of the training bout. This would maximize net muscle protein balance (synthesis minus breakdown) in the short-term. Of secondary importance would be carbohydrate timing, unless we’re talking specifically about endurance sports. Adding an equal amount of carbs to these protein dosings would further exploit the hypothetical benefits for maximizing training performance and recovery. Admittedly, the scientific basis for this is less solidly grounded than the protein recommendations. The rest of the desired results would be taken care of by the remainder of the diet. This brings me to the most important point, which is that nutrient timing is far less important than hitting the targeted macronutrient totals for the day. I would go as far as to say that attempting to precisely time nutrients is largely an exercise in jerking off hypotheses compared to hitting daily totals.

"

Similar Forum Threads

1. first post here....
    By christopher in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 03:12 PM
  2. My first post here
    By xxdcmast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 03:01 PM
  3. Canadians post here