Whole milk -- ok or not?

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
Is it ok to drink 1/2 gallon of whole milk a day as long as it fits in your macros? If so, what about all the saturated fat, etc.

sergroc129

sergroc129

Awards
Why not use whole food? Just would fill you up more

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yes you can but why?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
It's fine unless you have lactose issues. Because then you'll be in the bathroom all day. No es bueno. Fat won't make you fat.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a lot of sugar.

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
Whole milk is up there in the glycemic index. One cup won't hurt in the am to mid day. But four or five you'll look like a baby cow. Milk is made for cows just my 2 cents. I drink vanilla almond milk and coconut milk with my protein, and sometime soy if I'm on an ai.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Milk is good to go. Saturated fats are great for you, problem is, the rest of the world doesn't see it that way. LDL cholesterol, often termed the bad cholesterol comes in varying sizes, and large particles may actually be heart healthy. The problems arise when you are overweight/ have high triglycerides which "push" down the particle size making them more susceptible to being oxidised and therefore leading to atherosclerosis.

Saturated fats are not bad for you at all; being overweight is where the problems arise.

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
I thought milk was low on the glycemic index...from the chart I'm looking at it's less than brown rice.

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
I thought milk was low on the glycemic index...from the chart I'm looking at it's less than brown rice.
Just to give you an idea glycemic index

Milk 41
Brown rice 50
Peach corn syrup 40
Premium icecream 38
M&ms peanut 33

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
So is that not ok? If brown rice is higher and brown rice is practically the staple carb source for a lot of bodybuilders...why isn't this ok?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
GI is over-hyped. Drink milk, eat brown rice. It's all fine.

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
Its Moderation. Drink a lot of milk won't kill you. Don't beat your self over it try it for a month if you gain fat, its not for you. If you turn into a monster please post it lol

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Acne might get worse...dairy makes me break out like crazy