40/40/20 Diet question

sergroc129

sergroc129

Awards
So ive been looking to see what diet works for me and i do like the 40/40/20 diet... I weigh 163 lbs so my macros are protien: 185 Carbs: 185 and Fats: 41 ... Since switchin to this diet i am stronger and dropped 2 lbs in 2 weeks ... My question is should i up more calories since i workout 6 days a week or just leave it as is and see how it works

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. Specifically you shoukd increase fat intake

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
dude thats like 1800 cals. if youre tryin to lose weight, thats fine (little low). id probly lower carbs and increase fat myself

if youre tryin to bulk, double the fats and carbs. then youll be sittin at around 3000cals and still plenty of protein

sergroc129

sergroc129

Awards
Thanks guys ... I will double fats, would almonds with a protien shake be good as a last meal before bed? Just a way to get in some fats for the day? I eat avacado for lunch so just need another fat source option thanks again guys

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys ... I will double fats, would almonds with a protien shake be good as a last meal before bed? Just a way to get in some fats for the day? I eat avacado for lunch so just need another fat source option thanks again guys
Meat

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
whatever you prefer, sour cream, icecream, whole fat milk, eggs. ect..

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Eat a steak

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Mmmmm 40/40/20..... Mmmmm I'm hongry now. Thanks fockers :D

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Since I increased my fats I'm getting stronger and everything is delicious!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Should i double fats and keep macros same? Or drop some carbs and doube fats?
if you want your calorie intake to be the same you are going to have to either drop carbs or protein if you want to up fats