Micro nutrients/diet

Roon

Roon

Awards
Hi, I am trying to make a new diet plan for me for cutting trying to get down to 5% body fat. At the moment I am 21 years old 6ft 1in at 210lbs with 9% body fat. I think I got my macro nutrients down but don't know much about how many micro nutrients I need. Such as how many servings of veggies and fruit I need and what type I should stay with and what to stay away from.

Thanks,
Roon

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
I feel like you'd go nuts trying to micromanage that. If you eat a lot of fruits and veggies and take a good multi, you should be set. I eat veggies at every meal (literally every meal) and I eat fruit 2-3 times a day, but that's me. This will be an individual thing.

Roon

Roon

Awards
Alright thanks that's all I needed to know I was just wondering like how many servings I should have in a day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Eat a wide variety of colurful fruits and vegetables, aim for a minimum for 3 servings (about a fistful) of vegetables and 2 of fruit.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
5%? you competing?

eluruguayo

eluruguayo

Awards
Hi, I am trying to make a new diet plan for me for cutting trying to get down to 5% body fat. At the moment I am 21 years old 6ft 1in at 210lbs with 9% body fat. I think I got my macro nutrients down but don't know much about how many micro nutrients I need. Such as how many servings of veggies and fruit I need and what type I should stay with and what to stay away from.

Thanks,
Roon
With all due respect, Roon, these numbers don't pass the smell test. If you are 6'1 210lbs and sub-10% body fat -- especially if you're only 21 and your frame hasn't totally filled out yet -- then either you're the ultimate genetic freak, or you are on some kind of AAS. Those numbers are insane.
191lbs of lean mass! At 21!

How did you get the bf% tested?

As far as "micros" go, just take the following vitamin supps:
* Multi
* Vitamin A between 50,000 and 75,000 iu/day (that's 6-9 softgels per day of most drugstore brands)
* Vitamin B12 sublingual, 5000 iu/day
* Vitamin D3 4000-5000 iu/day
These last three aren't sufficiently supplemented by a multi. Especially A and B12. Don't fall for weak-ass "B complex" vitamins with only 60 to 500 iu of B12, and make sure to get the sublingual tabs.

Roon

Roon

Awards
It's really not that hard to get to 10% bf especially when you have never did bulking phase and eat pretty clean year round. Also I play rugby 6 days a week.