Best suggestions for proper dieting!!

mdowney791

Awards
Im currently 5'8 at around 157 and having a problem gaining weight in the right places. Ive been downing food and finally gained a few pounds but on my stomach where i obviously dont want it. Do I need to eat something better or work out more often/heavier. Im in the gym 4-5 times a week mostly evening and completely cut out cardio and ab workouts to try and increase mass... Any suggestions is appreciatted

also should i try another cycle?

purebred

Post your typical diet, training program and what your goals are (lean bulk, cutting, dirty bulk, etc.)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
A list of foods wont be as helpful as calculating your total daily energy expidenture...

mdowney791

Awards
Post your typical diet, training program and what your goals are (lean bulk, cutting, dirty bulk, etc.)
Well im in the army so I have my company work outs in the morning and every evening after is when im working out. I try to stick to a strict meal plan but everyone in military knows it doesnt really happen. For breakfast i try to stick with eggs, toast, any sort of meat and milk. before lunch ill have a peanut butter sandwich with a apple..Lunch varies mostly on the run food so its dirty food but i need the calories anyway. Ill work out have a shake and a small snack shortly after before finishing with mostly some sort of grilled chicken for dinner..

Im trying to bulk up..My goal is around 165 or 170

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
So, for bulking, you know that you have to eat in a caloric surplus. Because of that, some fat gain is going to be inevitable. Unfortunately, you can't really control where your fat goes. So, you just have to decide if you want to keep bulking and eating in a surplus or if you want to start losing body fat. It's a delicate balance.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, for bulking, you know that you have to eat in a caloric surplus. Because of that, some fat gain is going to be inevitable. Unfortunately, you can't really control where your fat goes. So, you just have to decide if you want to keep bulking and eating in a surplus or if you want to start losing body fat. It's a delicate balance.
Agreed. I bulk up slowly till my top ABS are the only ones I see then I cut down. My guess is that's about 20% bf for me because my body stores it weird.