Post workout insulin spike

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I think body type plays a role as well. Before I moved to Texas, in a matter of 2 years I put on almost 40lbs with simple carbs and protein. Some of it is finding what is good for you. I get really hungry post workout, almost grumpy hungry, so I have a meal. I simply wanted to know if my post workout meal was still spiking my insulin since it was oatmeal and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a scoop and a half of protein. Obviously less than post-workout sugars, but I was just curious because I felt a little better with that meal. I think most people who have posted on here have had good results with where they are at RIGHT NOW. For example, Vassille had good results with only protein post workout. Rodja eats when he gets hungry after a workout. I eat a lot of my calories at breakfast and post workout. I have to eat after I workout. The hunger makes me an angry sort afterword. I think the main thing to take away from all this talk is that all the meal timing in the world doesn't mean anything if you are not hitting your caloric needs. Which sounds kind of obvious in the end. haha

2. Part of the anger comes from going hypoglycemic. Since you are essentially carb-dependent, this will happen. Oatmeal will most definitely spike insulin, and the odds are your breakfast will, also. (Unless it's devoid of carbs).
    It depends on what your goals are. If it's fat loss, there are better ways
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Take away notes:

MPS is elevated for 24-48 hours so no, it's really not that important for most.

Glycemic index has no real relevance with the possible exception of diabetics, and then in the context of a varied diet likely makes little to no difference.

Though there's a certain class of individuals who will try to burn you in the fire fighter stake for saying this, I completely agree with you in this statement and actually I think it's the first post I truly like from you Scooby dude!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Though there's a certain class of individuals who will try to burn you in the fire fighter stake for saying this, I completely agree with you in this statement and actually I think it's the first post I truly like from you Scooby dude!
    oh so all my other posts are now pure BS huh ?
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    oh so all my other posts are now pure BS huh ?
    No no no no, just the first post I see you make a serious, actually mature post besides all the "sweet talking" or innuendo statements with a bit of keyboard-warrior competitions of "I am the bigger kid, I can go there and prove it wherever you are!"

So just saying, nice post, we agree. I liked it
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

No no no no, just the first post I see you make a serious, actually mature post besides all the "sweet talking" or innuendo statements with a bit of keyboard-warrior competitions of "I am the bigger kid, I can go there and prove it wherever you are!"

Sweet Talking , innuendo statements, keyboard warrior?
    .. ill remember that next time i post....

Thanks for the kind words ?
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Thanks for the kind words

There ding ding ding! You're welcome.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

8. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Part of the anger comes from going hypoglycemic. Since you are essentially carb-dependent, this will happen. Oatmeal will most definitely spike insulin, and the odds are your breakfast will, also. (Unless it's devoid of carbs).
    It depends on what your goals are. If it's fat loss, there are better ways
    Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, I haven't had to try and lose fat. I know when I have tried carb cycling a couple of times, I noticed a difference. But even at 33 and not doing cardio, I am 191 and still 10.5-11.5% bf. When I lift, I have always been able to take in 350-450 grams of carbs a day with no fat gain. That being said, that is why I believe you are correct when you so I am carb-dependent. I think my body untilizes it a little more efficiently.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

Oh the irony.

10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

There ding ding ding! You're welcome.
    Typical Sns Reps....
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-30-2015, 07:07 AM
  2. leucine insulin spike post workout
    By soontobbeast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
  3. Post workout insulin (humalog) questions
    By mark118 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 05:23 PM
  4. insulin post workout while on a fat loss phase
    By raybravo in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 01:34 PM
  5. Timing of insulin and post-workout nutrition.
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 01:07 PM