Diet while on prohormones

anabolic21

Awards
Hey all, just looking for a bit of advice on intake of macros please.

I am gonna run my first cycle very soon, my main goal is to put to put on as much lean weight as possible so i might be able to get away with doing one cycle ever.

My macros at the moment are 1.5g of protein, 1-5g of carbs, 0.5g of fats per pound body weight.

So do i just double up protein intake and what benefit would it be to increase carb intake?

And is it right to keep fats low during cycle and increase them during pct while putting protein and carbs back to normal during pct?

I really want to get this right first time, would appreciate any help from any body that has a good diet themselves.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
.4-1g fat per lb 1g protein per lb fill the remainder of calories with a mixture of whatever you please

anabolic21

Awards
.4-1g fat per lb 1g protein per lb fill the remainder of calories with a mixture of whatever you please
Thanks for the reply, so do you mean while on cycle take 4g fat and 4g protein and fill the rest with carbs?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Thanks for the reply, so do you mean while on cycle take 4g fat and 4g protein and fill the rest with carbs?
are you being serious? do you weigh 4 pounds?

anabolic21

Awards
are you being serious? do you weigh 4 pounds?
ha ha, na i meant 4g fat, 4g protein per lb of my body weight?

I weigh 170lbs now and my ideal weight would be between 185lbs and 190lbs.

Im 30 years old, been stuck at this weight for pretty much a year now.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
no .4-1g fat per pound of body weight
1g protein per pound of bodyweight
fill remainder of calories with a mixture of fats/carbs/protein

anabolic21

Awards
no
1g protein per pound of bodyweight
But i am taking more protein than that and i am not even on cycle, i thought your meant to take a lot protein because of the protein synthesis?

Any body else a bit more experienced and heavier wanna contribute feel free...

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
But i am taking more protein than that and i am not even on cycle, i thought your meant to take a lot protein because of the protein synthesis?

Any body else a bit more experienced and heavier wanna contribute feel free...
I know what I am talking about you are just not comprehending. 1g protein MINIMUM!!! you can have more:pat:

anabolic21

Awards
I know what I am talking about you are just not comprehending. 1g protein MINIMUM!!! you can have more:pat:
Okay i am just not getting you, like i said i already said i already take around 1.5g protein per pound of body weight.

Thanks for your advice anyway, just gonna eat like a horse, can always burn any fat gain off after.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
alright have fun then

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Eat as much as you can just measure calories. As long as protein is at 200-300 your good. 5000 cals is my goal when on hormonal stuff.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Okay i am just not getting you, like i said i already said i already take around 1.5g protein per pound of body weight.

Thanks for your advice anyway, just gonna eat like a horse, can always burn any fat gain off after.
way too much protein. youve fallen into the broscience claim of 1-2g per lb bodyweight. thats just suplement company mumbo jumbo created to sell whey protein.

the most any athlete needs natty is 1-2g per kg bodyweight. anything else is just us for energy via gluconeogenesis or stored as fat (depends on calorie intake).

just stick to your current diet while on cycle, and youll be getting plenty of protein. far more than youll need, unless youre blasting on 8 different compounds like a pro bodybuilder. id just increase fat then carbs to reach the calorie intake you desire

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey all, just looking for a bit of advice on intake of macros please.

I am gonna run my first cycle very soon, my main goal is to put to put on as much lean weight as possible so i might be able to get away with doing one cycle ever.

My macros at the moment are 1.5g of protein, 1-5g of carbs, 0.5g of fats per pound body weight.

So do i just double up protein intake and what benefit would it be to increase carb intake?

And is it right to keep fats low during cycle and increase them during pct while putting protein and carbs back to normal during pct?

I really want to get this right first time, would appreciate any help from any body that has a good diet themselves.
If you're gaining off cycle you shouldn't need to change your diet. Increase your calories by 100 to 200 if you aren't gaining weight and eat as if you were natural. Training should remain the same aswell.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Training should be more intense. Everything should be increased....

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Training should be more intense. Everything should be increased....
If your not training intensely how are you going to grow? You should already be training intensely.

Diet should be adjusted depending on body weight not the addition of a substance

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
If your not training intensely how are you going to grow? You should already be training intensely.

Diet should be adjusted depending on body weight not the addition of a substance
Your missing the point. Anything hormonal you will recover quicker. Henceforth more training.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your missing the point. Anything hormonal you will recover quicker. Henceforth more training.
You're missing the point. Cns is where most of your strength comes from. Overtraining is still an issue even when on steroids. This can stall gains even on steroids.

Recovering tissue damage and letting your cns rest are 2 different things.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
You're missing the point. Cns is where most of your strength comes from. Overtraining is still an issue even when on steroids. This can stall gains even on steroids.

Recovering tissue damage and letting your cns rest are 2 different things.
Overtraining is unlikely with steroids. Yes it can happen. You do recover quicker.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Overtraining is unlikely with steroids. Yes it can happen. You do recover quicker.
Overtraining is more likely because you go from a 220 bench(example) and you go to a 250 In a matter of 2 to 4 weeks. This is taxing on your cns. You recover tissue /cell damage that is true but your cns(central nervous system) still needs rest.

You don't "grow" actual muscles on steroids. Igf1/gh/things like that is the only way to promote actual new fiber growth. This enlargement of the muscle(better way of putting it) caused by steroids is also taxing on the cns. You can make the cycle much harder on yourself if you try and act like Arnold

anabolic21

Awards
Eat as much as you can just measure calories. As long as protein is at 200-300 your good. 5000 cals is my goal when on hormonal stuff.
As it stands now i have 180-220 protein, when i start that looks like a good aim, cheers

anabolic21

Awards
Overtraining is more likely because you go from a 220 bench(example) and you go to a 250 In a matter of 2 to 4 weeks. This is taxing on your cns. You recover tissue /cell damage that is true but your cns(central nervous system) still needs rest.

You don't "grow" actual muscles on steroids. Igf1/gh/things like that is the only way to promote actual new fiber growth. This enlargement of the muscle(better way of putting it) caused by steroids is also taxing on the cns. You can make the cycle much harder on yourself if you try and act like Arnold
I get what both of you are saying, i do not think training will be an issue with me, my goal is size over strength.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Over training can lead to stalled progress.

Back on topic.
Your diet should be 200 to 300 over your maintenance Cals.
Eat lots of protien and carbs with some healthy fats and you'll grow. Don't be one of those dudes who go from eating 2000 calories to 4000 and gets fat because he thinks he can out supplement (prohormone) a bad diet.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established

Back on topic.
Eat lots of protien and carbs with some healthy fats and you'll grow. Don't be one of those dudes who go from eating 2000 calories to 4000 and gets fat because he thinks he can out supplement (prohormone) a bad diet.
Yes that is correct. Overtraining can result in stalled progress.
Dont forget to steadily increase cals since your more anabolic your building muscle quicker.

anabolic21

Awards
Great advice men, everything is sitting ready to go now, just got pick a day to start. Thanks again.

Contopaxi

Contopaxi

Awards

Back on topic.

Awesome info ans great posts throughout this thread!
Reps

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Over training can lead to stalled progress. Back on topic. Your diet should be 200 to 300 over your maintenance Cals. Eat lots of protien and carbs with some healthy fats and you'll grow. Don't be one of those dudes who go from eating 2000 calories to 4000 and gets fat because he thinks he can out supplement (prohormone) a bad diet.
true story and then they try to cut in PCT and pretty much just waste a cycle...

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also on cycle my rule of thumb is increase calories by 100 to 200 every 2 to 3 weeks to gain weight. The scale can be misleading on cycle.

One day you notice you're a little leaner but increase in weight. This may be due to you increasing in weight enough to increase your maintenance. So...better bigger than sorry :)