2 low/no carb days 1 high carb day?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been experimenting with manipulating carbohydrates during my recomp . And this is what I've been thinking would be a good idea to give a go. Two low/no carb days and 1 refeed high carb day.

Stats :
Endo morph
181 lbs
2700 kCal maintenance
5 foot 8.

My idea with this is glycogen depletion on those two no/low carb days then refeed in two days so I only use the carbs when I need them and nothing is stored .

On my off days ill keep my kCals in a 200 kcal deficit . So depending on if I'm on a low or high carb day ill just lower protein and fats accordingly .

On my lifting days ill do:
Low carb days: under 80g of carbs filling in protein and fats to reach atleast 2900 kCals (200 cal surplus)

High carb days: over 300g of carbs and then filling in the rest with more protein then fat. Ill keep my fats below 100g here and then add protein where needed.

What do you guys think?

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
Looks good in theory. You gonna update how it goes? Ima subscribe,

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks good in theory. You gonna update how it goes? Ima subscribe,
Yeah I just had a high carb day, aka in the process of consuming carbs, today so ill post pics up now since I only have been doing this for 3 days. Hopefully this recomp kicks ass with this diet plan.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pretty good, i'd shoot for 3 days low rather than just 2 though from past experience

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the idea looks good. If you find its not working the way you want then you can always add in another low day or maybe 2 low 1 med 1 high.

Basicaly just adjust up or down depending on the results your getting.

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
What do your carbs consist of? Fruits, veggies, grains?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do your carbs consist of? Fruits, veggies, grains?
Well thanks for the feedback guys. My carbs are veggies, grains, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, an some rice when I can stomach it. I'm not a fan of rice.

You know then some cake, twinkles, hostess cup cakes... You know healthy ;) haha Just kidding.

Yeah I'll adjust it as needed. I'm just glad I switched up my workouts and got my diet down for this time period. Gonna be fun :]

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would wait until you are 9-11% BF before having super high carb days. I would focus on controlled lower/medium carbs and cardio until you hit that stubborn range -- (9-11%) --> then manipulate to better effect.

What the hell do I know -- maybe you are in that BF% range?

-Matt

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would wait until you are 9-11% BF before having super high carb days. I would focus on controlled lower/medium carbs and cardio until you hit that stubborn range -- (9-11%) --> then manipulate to better effect.

What the hell do I know -- maybe you are in that BF% range?

-Matt
I'm actually not sure what I'm at to be honest. I'm guessing under 15% for sure since I Can see my top two abs, my obliques are there but faded and riblettes are showing. But like I said, I'm not cutting just yet. I still want those high carb days to fuel my workouts.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going well fellas. I'm leaning out and staying around 180-183 which was my starting weight. Had an off day today so did cardio, ate under maintainence and actually had a scoop of alphamine just cause :D. Well actually it's cause it was a carb up day mixed with rest day so I wanted to get the most out of my cardio session. But now I have to get rid of this choline fish smell ... I m meeting up with a female in an hour :O

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going well fellas. I'm leaning out and staying around 180-183 which was my starting weight. Had an off day today so did cardio, ate under maintainence and actually had a scoop of alphamine just cause :D. Well actually it's cause it was a carb up day mixed with rest day so I wanted to get the most out of my cardio session. But now I have to get rid of this choline fish smell ... I m meeting up with a female in an hour :O
Hahaha gotta love the fish smell. High doses of carnitine make me smell funky too.