Sugar for carbs?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Are these shake suggestions for during the day or as a post-workout? I only ask because I see some people suggesting peanut butter and/or olive oil. And, while great choices--I add PB to my morning shake--I had read that it's best to limit fats in a post-workout shake. Or, is this simply a matter of preference?

I add chocolate syrup to my post shake. I make a banana split, so to speak. Just started it this week. I add a scoop of chocolate protein powder, two bananas, frozen strawberries--get that ice cream consistency--some maraschino cherries, a tsp or two of vanilla extract, and the old Hershey's syrup, maybe 1tbsp at most. Blend the stupid out of it all--in phases, mind you--then chug-a-lug. Might need to add another banana or some vanilla yogurt.

While I enjoyed the convenience of waxy maize, I believe it was bloating me too much. With the change to above shake, not as bloated and feel recharged. Way back when, I used to use Serious Mass and/or Muscle Juice, but it got pricey, even dosing it halfway. Nowadays, the only powder I prefer is protein powder.

Also, you can grind up oats and add them to your shake as well. I do that for my morning one.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Are these shake suggestions for during the day or as a post-workout? I only ask because I see some people suggesting peanut butter and/or olive oil. And, while great choices--I add PB to my morning shake--I had read that it's best to limit fats in a post-workout shake. Or, is this simply a matter of preference?

I add chocolate syrup to my post shake. I make a banana split, so to speak. Just started it this week. I add a scoop of chocolate protein powder, two bananas, frozen strawberries--get that ice cream consistency--some maraschino cherries, a tsp or two of vanilla extract, and the old Hershey's syrup, maybe 1tbsp at most. Blend the stupid out of it all--in phases, mind you--then chug-a-lug. Might need to add another banana or some vanilla yogurt.

While I enjoyed the convenience of waxy maize, I believe it was bloating me too much. With the change to above shake, not as bloated and feel recharged. Way back when, I used to use Serious Mass and/or Muscle Juice, but it got pricey, even dosing it halfway. Nowadays, the only powder I prefer is protein powder.

Also, you can grind up oats and add them to your shake as well. I do that for my morning one.

There it is. Oats in your shake. More than perfect.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

[QUOTE=ricroc;3933135]Are these shake suggestions for during the day or as a post-workout? I only ask because I see some people suggesting peanut butter and/or olive oil. And, while great choices--I add PB to my morning shake--I had read that it's best to limit fats in a post-workout shake. Or, is this simply a matter of preference?[QUOTE]
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Cool
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by inda11 View Post
    If you actually read what I said you might see I didn't say a carb would be stored as fat. In simple terms a simple sugar creates a insulin spike. Yes? Which then pulls a fatty acid into a fat cell. Yes?
    No, fructose causes a very mild insulin repsonse; fructose is a 'simple' sugar is it not? Insulin does not necessarily cause fat storage; there is no clear evidence that sugars cause obesity. It is not as simple as you make it out to be. Whilst I do not recommend eating sugars as a primary source of carbohydrate (for reasons unrelated to obesity), they can certainly be used under certain instances and manipulated for certian functions.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by inda11 View Post
    Yes but this guy doesn't need to know everything behind it. Need to keep it simple so he understands.
    Why doesn't he need to know everything behind it? Or mechanisms involved? Learning the whole truth is better than falling victim to partial truths.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Sure, slam down a bunch of sugar and get diabetes. That makes sense.
    High sugar diets do not cause diabetes. End of story.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post

High sugar diets do not cause diabetes. End of story.
    Truth
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. AP for carb cycling
    By bj22 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM
  2. Need solid Pizza recipe for carb-up
    By CryingEmo in forum Recipes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 05:17 PM
  3. Carbs for carb sensitive people?