Supplements that ease Crohn's Disease

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Just what the topic says. My mother has Crohn's and has been jumping from medication to medication and it is getting worse. Are there any supplements that help with GI related issues and intestinal inflamation. I want to get her on something that will help with out all the sides of the meds she is on or trying.

She has tried remicaid, simzia, prednisone, azithiaprine, pentasa and asacol. The only one of those that did anything for her was simzia but her insurance won't cover it anymore.

Thanks for any help guys/gals.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Just what the topic says. My mother has Crohn's and has been jumping from medication to medication and it is getting worse. Are there any supplements that help with GI related issues and intestinal inflamation. I want to get her on something that will help with out all the sides of the meds she is on or trying.

She has tried remicaid, simzia, prednisone, azithiaprine, pentasa and asacol. The only one of those that did anything for her was simzia but her insurance won't cover it anymore.

Thanks for any help guys/gals.
Thread caught my eye because I'm in the same boat. My mom has had Chrons disease for a number of years and always struggles with it. My sister-in-law as well. To my basic knowledge there is not much out there for supplements but an adjustment in diet seems to be effective.

dannybbw14

Awards
get a gluten sensitivity test or full out food/chemical sensitivity panel from ALCAT...

For supplements...individuals with crohns will benefit from enteric coated peppermint gelcaps (now foods)....

they will need a high dosage of folinic acid about 10-40mg a day (yes that high)

they will need a high dosage of probiotics, sometimes over 1 trillion CFU's a day ... i like customprobiotics or garden of life ... but realize you will need a extremely high dosage...

also take full spectrum digestive enzymes with every meal...

and to heal the intestines you will have to do herbal enemas with ozone insufflations...

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
get a gluten sensitivity test or full out food/chemical sensitivity panel from ALCAT...

For supplements...individuals with crohns will benefit from enteric coated peppermint gelcaps (now foods)....

they will need a high dosage of folinic acid about 10-40mg a day (yes that high)

they will need a high dosage of probiotics, sometimes over 1 trillion CFU's a day ... i like customprobiotics or garden of life ... but realize you will need a extremely high dosage...

and to heal the intestines you will have to do herbal enemas with ozone insufflations...
do you have Crohn's and how much is ^^^this helping? Thank you for the response too btw!

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards

Great stuff^^

I have Crohn's. google glutamine and Crohn's. There is some new info out there regarding glutamine and it it's benefit to the digestive track.