P28 High-Protein bread worth it?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Setting the gluten issue aside as a high-protein bread would obviously have a lot of gluten, how does this look? From a simple macro outlook I like it.

image.jpg

jim k

jim k

Awards
Just finished a slice of it. Other than the price, I love it and I work it into my macros almost daily.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
depends on if you like the taste and if it fits your macronutrient needs

Alinshop

Banned
Awards
It's good toasted, otherwise a bit chewy for my liking.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I suppose the extra protein is always a bonus but I don't know if it's worth the 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat per slice.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
If you are happy to be taking in 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat all for 14g of protein then I suppose it's fine. Personally I think that those values are too high especially when you are likely to be eating at least 2 slices of bread. There are cleaner ways to get additional protein that don't involve a high amount of fat/sugar compared to the amount of protein.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
If you are happy to be taking in 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat all for 14g of protein then I suppose it's fine. Personally I think that those values are too high especially when you are likely to be eating at least 2 slices of bread. There are cleaner ways to get additional protein that don't involve a high amount of fat/sugar compared to the amount of protein.
your joking right? what do you think is wrong with 3.5gfat and 3g sugar?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a great bread for a post workout PBJ! Everything you need in one. Protein/carbs/sugar Bam! Best PostWO! .... Why am I yelling?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
your joking right? what do you think is wrong with 3.5gfat and 3g sugar?
Yea I'm not overly concerned with those. Very small percentages in my overall macros lol

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Yea I'm not overly concerned with those. Very small percentages in my overall macros lol
as long as it fits your macros then who cares

Alinshop

Banned
Awards

Each slice of bread is huge, I only eat one slice at a time so I'm not concerned either.

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Sounds like a great bread for a post workout PBJ! Everything you need in one. Protein/carbs/sugar Bam! Best PostWO! .... Why am I yelling?
Because sandwiches are damn ****ing good?!

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I suppose the extra protein is always a bonus but I don't know if it's worth the 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat per slice.
If sugar is so bad, why is it the bodies principle source of energy?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
If sugar is so bad, why is it the bodies principle source of energy?
he obviously doesn't understand the basics of nutrition.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I like the pita-style bread. I make little pizzas from it.

jim k

jim k

Awards
I'm in jersey and buy it at wegmans. Not sure what other areas have that chain.