P28 High-Protein bread worth it?

  1. P28 High-Protein bread worth it?


    Setting the gluten issue aside as a high-protein bread would obviously have a lot of gluten, how does this look? From a simple macro outlook I like it.

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  104.0 KB


  2. Just finished a slice of it. Other than the price, I love it and I work it into my macros almost daily.

  3. depends on if you like the taste and if it fits your macronutrient needs
    1200 pound club
    •   
       


  4. It's good toasted, otherwise a bit chewy for my liking.

  5. I suppose the extra protein is always a bonus but I don't know if it's worth the 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat per slice.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    I suppose the extra protein is always a bonus but I don't know if it's worth the 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat per slice.
    whats wrong with that?
    1200 pound club

  7. If you are happy to be taking in 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat all for 14g of protein then I suppose it's fine. Personally I think that those values are too high especially when you are likely to be eating at least 2 slices of bread. There are cleaner ways to get additional protein that don't involve a high amount of fat/sugar compared to the amount of protein.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    If you are happy to be taking in 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat all for 14g of protein then I suppose it's fine. Personally I think that those values are too high especially when you are likely to be eating at least 2 slices of bread. There are cleaner ways to get additional protein that don't involve a high amount of fat/sugar compared to the amount of protein.
    your joking right? what do you think is wrong with 3.5gfat and 3g sugar?
    1200 pound club

  9. Sounds like a great bread for a post workout PBJ! Everything you need in one. Protein/carbs/sugar Bam! Best PostWO! .... Why am I yelling?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    your joking right? what do you think is wrong with 3.5gfat and 3g sugar?
    Yea I'm not overly concerned with those. Very small percentages in my overall macros lol

  11. Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    Yea I'm not overly concerned with those. Very small percentages in my overall macros lol
    as long as it fits your macros then who cares
    1200 pound club

  12. Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    Yea I'm not overly concerned with those. Very small percentages in my overall macros lol

    Each slice of bread is huge, I only eat one slice at a time so I'm not concerned either.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Sounds like a great bread for a post workout PBJ! Everything you need in one. Protein/carbs/sugar Bam! Best PostWO! .... Why am I yelling?
    Because sandwiches are damn ****ing good?!
    “Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our enemies have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?" - General Secretary of The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, Joseph Stalin.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Kilo G View Post

    Because sandwiches are damn ****ing good?!
    Make them all the time! They are good enough to yell about!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    I suppose the extra protein is always a bonus but I don't know if it's worth the 3g of sugar and 3.5g of fat per slice.
    If sugar is so bad, why is it the bodies principle source of energy?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    If sugar is so bad, why is it the bodies principle source of energy?
    he obviously doesn't understand the basics of nutrition.
    1200 pound club

  17. I like the pita-style bread. I make little pizzas from it.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  18. Where do you buy this? Looks rather inter-dasting

  19. Quote Originally Posted by belosic View Post
    Where do you buy this? Looks rather inter-dasting
    you can get it online. I have never seen it in stores
    1200 pound club

  20. I'm in jersey and buy it at wegmans. Not sure what other areas have that chain.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. High protein bread/bagel!
    By thehulk2203 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 12:48 AM
  2. P28 High Protein Bread.
    By XGabrielEdgeX in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
  3. **** N2 Mix High Protein Trail Mix Its Tastin Time!!
    By mich29 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 08:16 PM
  4. 4am wakeup for protein shake? worth it ?
    By zecca in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM
  5. Is the protein powder worth it?
    By ShiftyCapone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Log in
Log in