Recomping?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I;m winding down my bulk up and its time to start recomping. I don't want to cut yet because its only march and I still want to see how much lean mass I Can put on . But heres my question, how do I got about recomping?

Stats:
5 foot 8 inches
187 pounds
BF % - about 14ish percent, abs slightly visible, okay vascularity

My maintenance kCals according to the Harris-Benedict Equation is 3300 kCals.

So when starting a recomp, on my "on" days for lifting i am thinking about eating 200-300 kCals above maintenance, so 3500 to 3600 kCals.
And on my off days ill eat 500-600 under my mainteinece, so around 2,800 kCals.
(calories will be 95% healthy/clean foods)

On my off days ill mix in some cardio, HIIT/sprints/high intensity stair stepper or elliptical for 20 -30 minutes.
And mix in more cardio on 2 other days of my choice for a total of 4 days of cardio.

I am currently on a DAA + erase "cycle" and im only 8 days in so I figure if I toss in the anabeta elite i just got i can make this a successful recomp. I also have alphamine on hand as well. What supplements would you guys use for a recomp (anabeta elite/alphamine do I need them ?).

So total supplement possibilites:
alphamine
daa
erase
ABE

So lemme know how this looks and what supplements of those would you use for a recomp, i already have them all in my arsenal so im trying to make this a very effective recomp so I don't have to cut much later on. Thanks guys.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A couple of tricks that I learned:
HIIT 3-4x/week
40-50% of total carb intake around training
Keep total calories ~200-300 over maintenance
Periodized increases in volume

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A couple of tricks that I learned:
HIIT 3-4x/week
40-50% of total carb intake around training
Keep total calories ~200-300 over maintenance
Periodized increases in volume
thanks Rodja, i can whip out the agility ladder for that HIIT :D. So thats no issue. Alright so 40-50% of my kCals on training days are from carbs and no more than 300 over maintenance. What about the supps ? where do you think I should go with those

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are using exactly what I would use for a recomp.

Although I am a company rep and this looks biased. Anyone who preps for a photo shoot using less than optimal supplements just because they get them for free is a moron lol. If I thought there was something better, I would use it. :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks Rodja, i can whip out the agility ladder for that HIIT :D. So thats no issue. Alright so 40-50% of my kCals on training days are from carbs and no more than 300 over maintenance. What about the supps ? where do you think I should go with those
No, you misread what I typed. I said to eat ~40-50% of your total carb intake for the day around training in both your pre-training and post-training meals.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, you misread what I typed. I said to eat ~40-50% of your total carb intake for the day around training in both your pre-training and post-training meals.
ohhhhh alright, thanks that makes more sense.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are using exactly what I would use for a recomp.

Although I am a company rep and this looks biased. Anyone who preps for a photo shoot using less than optimal supplements just because they get them for free is a moron lol. If I thought there was something better, I would use it. :)
you stack everything bdcc/

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you stack everything bdcc/
Yes. Before my last shoot I used ABE, EP and Alphamine.

I think I used DAA but I tend to cycle it intermittently. I don't notice anything from it so it depends if it is in a supplement formulation I was using at the time i.e. pre workout.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. Before my last shoot I used ABE, EP and Alphamine.

I think I used DAA but I tend to cycle it intermittently. I don't notice anything from it so it depends if it is in a supplement formulation I was using at the time i.e. pre workout.
hmm alright. I was debating on adding alphamine in this stack or save it for cutting... but recomping is pretty much along the lines of losing fat, I feel like alphamine will boost this stack up a notch for sure plus I miss the taste lol

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm alright. I was debating on adding alphamine in this stack or save it for cutting... but recomping is pretty much along the lines of losing fat, I feel like alphamine will boost this stack up a notch for sure plus I miss the taste lol
If it were me, I would use it.

Admittedly, I use it in pretty much every scenario I can so that means nothing lol. I genuinely believe it would be a worthwhile addition though.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it were me, I would use it.

Admittedly, I use it in pretty much every scenario I can so that means nothing lol. I genuinely believe it would be a worthwhile addition though.
ill give it a try then and see wehre it takes me

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I decided on carb cycling :D. 5 days 120 or less grams of carbs the re feeds on the weekend at 350+g . Still calorie surplus on on days and a deficient on off days. I'm feeling the glycogen depletion :)