Beer is paleo
- 03-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Beer is paleo
I've always believed based on my reading that alcohol was discovered and "brewed" prior to the agricultural revolution. Of course, it was probably only 3-4% alcohol.
This study supports that, but more importantly, suggests that grains may have actually been first cultivated not to serve as a major food source, but instead for fermentation purposes.
Happy St. Paddy's Day:
Brewing during the paleo period: What Was Brewing in the Natufian? An Archaeological Assessment of Brewing Technology in the Epipaleolithic - Springer
My write up on early humans and grain cultivation: http://jasoncholewa.com/2013/02/08/e...d-your-health/
Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS
- 03-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Wow. CS might enjoy this.Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
- 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Beer is good!iForce Nutrition Representative
iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
Similar Forum Threads
- By ZoomZoom88 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 23Last Post: 03-18-2010, 07:45 PM
- By refrieddreams in forum General ChatReplies: 39Last Post: 06-10-2009, 01:30 AM
- By anabolicrhino in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 05-31-2007, 10:54 AM
- By Kam in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 22Last Post: 05-01-2006, 06:03 PM
- By hogiejoe in forum General ChatReplies: 19Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:45 PM