What do people think of Charle's Poliquin's view on IF

TexasGuy

Awards
I think he's pretty clear about weighing pros and cons.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
his citations do not support the claims he is making in the article

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
his citations do not support the claims he is making in the article
Yeah that's what I thought, hence my question. It seems he has a particular agenda and he's attempting to support it by mis-citing research.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He probably just doesn't expect people to actually check the references

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He probably just doesn't expect people to actually check the references

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
That seems to account for the way the majority of his "articles" are nowadays from what I have seen...

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah that's what I thought, hence my question. It seems he has a particular agenda and he's attempting to support it by mis-citing research.
I personally am not a fan of IF. I get hypoglycemic too easily, and have actually fainted before when trying it...especially if I am under psychological stress.

That said, I've always been a bit suspect of Poliquin's systems and products. I think IF challenges what he does, and is not something he can make money off.

#3: Intermittent Fasting Can Cause Significant Adrenal Stress
There's actually some decent information on PubMed regarding ramadan athletes and the relative lack of changes in their performance with IF at this time. I believe there are also two brothers in the NFL who are practice ramadan fasting during the preseason, and it does not appear to have too significant an effect on them..........they still have jobs.

Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I personally am not a fan of IF. I get hypoglycemic too easily, and have actually fainted before when trying it...especially if I am under psychological stress.

That said, I've always been a bit suspect of Poliquin's systems and products. I think IF challenges what he does, and is not something he can make money off.

There's actually some decent information on PubMed regarding ramadan athletes and the relative lack of changes in their performance with IF at this time. I believe there are also two brothers in the NFL who are practice ramadan fasting during the preseason, and it does not appear to have too significant an effect on them..........they still have jobs.

Jason Cholewa, Ph.D., CSCS
Yes my thoughts exactly. I suffered from adrenal problems last year that led me to take some time off work and the gym. I still recovered whilst fasting Ramadan last year when the fast was 20+ hours. I just ensured I consumed adequate calories during the feeding period. I think one cause significant adrenal stress is one trains fasted, doesn't eat anything for several hours after training and all whilst on a severe calorie deficit, which is what led me to suffer adrenal problems in the first place.