Peanut Butter

pmdied

Awards
How much peanut butter are you guys going through? I'm in the middle of a slight "bulk phase" and given the nature of my job (I drive about 500 miles a week) I found peanut butter a great source to get my calories in. Any thoughts out there?

DV663

DV663

Awards
1 large size jar every week (skippy natural)

Sent via the iPhone

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
2 tblspns per day with my shake.

pmdied

Awards
Good to know . I've been going through a large jar per week too.

Stangdjc

Glad to hear I'm not the only peanut butter junky. Great suggestions on brand alternatives too.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love peanut butter so much. I try to alternate my nut fat source every week though. When I wasn't I would go through 64 oz a week.

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
I went back to no pb, went on a pb binge and ate 1 jar a day for 3 days straight. It's the worst feeling, but if you can control your cravings do it man! It's a perfect high caloric food source

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just polished off a jar of peanut butter that I bought last night at 8 est. I want more!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Nutella ****s me up too. Love that stuff. I like to grab a tablespoon and get half Nutella half PB on it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have any of you peanut butter lovers tried any of the Peanut and Co. flavors? Which ones are the best?

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Nutella ****s me up too. Love that stuff. I like to grab a tablespoon and get half Nutella half PB on it.
YES...this!!! Nutella, PB, and honey! Heat in mic and drizzle over protein pancakes!!!!

BeastFitness1

BeastFitness1

Awards
2 tblspns per day with my shake.
I do the same thing lol sometime 2-3 times a day! With banana and 1/2 cup oatmeal awesome meal!

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
1 4lb peter pan a week from sams club

Colby

Colby

Awards
Wat about sum crunchy pb on whole wheat toast! Good stuff

beachbodymike

beachbodymike

Awards
Try buying Organic peanut butter powder. Regular peanut butter has between 180 & 200 calories per 2 tbsp. This stuff has 45 and all you add is water. It tastes exactly the same as regular peanut butter and is still made with real peanuts. The only down side is that it's about $7 or $8.

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
+1 on that! I use Krema brand natural. Only peanuts no additives whatsoever! Best stuff , try it.
Greatest jarred peanut butter on the market IMO. Unless you get it freshly made in front of you. I usually get fresh made almond butter though. Peanut butter is starting to get old.

pmdied

Awards
Whole Foods allows you to grind your peanut butter as you like. Included honey roasted peanuts and mixed nuts. But a bit pricey.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try buying Organic peanut butter powder. Regular peanut butter has between 180 & 200 calories per 2 tbsp. This stuff has 45 and all you add is water. It tastes exactly the same as regular peanut butter and is still made with real peanuts. The only down side is that it's about $7 or $8.
If your talking about pb2, it does not taste exactly the same as peanut butter. I love the stuff but it definitely isn't the same.

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
I take the chocolate pb2 n my protein powder mix wit just a lil water or almond milk n make chocolate frosting.. Toss it on rice cakes or mini tortilla fold it in half.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
As a few have mentioned, Krema is legit!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I just heard about this the other day! I gotta try it

manystyles

Awards
Natures Promise Almond Butter (Crunchy) is the best I have ever tasted.

beachbodymike

beachbodymike

Awards
If your talking about pb2, it does not taste exactly the same as peanut butter. I love the stuff but it definitely isn't the same.
No it's not PB2 I've only seen it sold at Sprouts though

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
Had to try pb2 since peanut butter is so addicting. Glad there was a *** right next to were I workout at, so I picked it up for about $7.50 for 16 oz. I added water little by little to two tablespoons until it had a peanut consultancy, and like stated above its not exactly like pb but for 45 calories vs 200 I think I'll be adding it to food and shakes instead of normal pb and eat normal pb by itself so I can still get the healthy fats. All in all its worth it for those days when u will tear through a jar no matter what.

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
About 80% fats are found in peanut butter. So if you want to grow fat then you can continue it.
That's asinine. You need adequate amounts of fat and cholesterol in your diet for, among other things, hormone production. You know, testosterone (again, among others). Stop spewing this nonsense. Excess calories in the form of fat, carb or protein will cause fat accumulation, not fat alone.