Honey

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I know honey has alot of health benefits and I use honey on a daily basis as a sweetener in the many cups of green tea I drink daily. I know that raw honey is ideal but there's raw honey that looks like regular honey and raw honey that's dense, non transparent and almost a wax like consistency. I have two examples in my cupboard here.

image-3426807682.jpg

Without knowing for certain I always thought the thick less processed looking version would be the better choice but seeing so many honeys looking like the one on the right claiming to be raw, and some raw and organic makes me question it.

jcesare

jcesare

Awards
Not dumb i just dont think anyone actually know the answer

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Ya I guess I just assumed someone would have insight since it makes for a great natural sweetener. I picked up a juicer the other day and been experimenting. Some of the more bitter tasting blends I've added a teaspoon of the organic honey and makes for some awesome tasting healthiness

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I know honey has alot of health benefits and I use honey on a daily basis as a sweetener in the many cups of green tea I drink daily. I know that raw honey is ideal but there's raw honey that looks like regular honey and raw honey that's dense, non transparent and almost a wax like consistency. I have two examples in my cupboard here.

View attachment 75774

Without knowing for certain I always thought the thick less processed looking version would be the better choice but seeing so many honeys looking like the one on the right claiming to be raw, and some raw and organic makes me question it.
Honey consistency varies depending on its physical structure or the way its processed, of which may be minimal but in some cases heating does still occur.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Honey consistency varies depending on its physical structure or the way its processed, of which may be minimal but in some cases heating does still occur.
Ok sooooo?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Depends on preference, imo. I go with the creamier one personally
Ok so your saying the consistency just has to do with the amount of hear applied to it through jarring and doesn't have anything to deal with the amount of beneficial properties being filtered out? I guess I thought the dense thick waxy honey had more honeycomb in it,

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I love it. I put that **** on everything! Haha jk I always stir in a good tsp with my green tea 3 times a day and more on extremely active days.

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
The one on the left is the good stuff!