Antioxidants cure for acne?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Severe acne is inflammation yes, but not all acne is inflammatory-remembering that there are several form of acne [i.e. vulgaris and acne rosacea] that may not stem from the same root cause (increase in androgens for example: hence why many people get acne while using androgens)
    No, inflammation is a process that is involved in all forms of acne. Any time there is redness there is inflammation to varying degrees. The increase in sebum caused by androgens simply gives the bacteria an environment to thrive in, and then the body reacts to it from there.

2. Quote Originally Posted by marksdiman123 View Post
    No, inflammation is a process that is involved in all forms of acne. Any time there is redness there is inflammation to varying degrees. The increase in sebum caused by androgens simply gives the bacteria an environment to thrive in, and then the body reacts to it from there.
    http://www.mariobadescu.com/non-inflammatory-acne
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by marksdiman123 View Post
    But yes I agree, the redness in most forms of acne (typically the ones that really bother you) are caused by inflammation. All i'm saying is that the increase in sebum can be attributed to a multitude of factors, hence the reason there are varying ways to get rid of the problem.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any cures for total lack of motivation?
    By Moyer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 12:13 PM
  2. Topical B5 for acne
    By Poobah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 08:13 AM
  3. My Cure For Acne
    By Sanosuke in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 10:26 PM
  4. b5 for acne didn't work for me :(