Carb back loading

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Does anyone have any info on carb back loading? Iv had a look for the book on the apple store but it isn't there. I'd like to hear from any guys that have had success with this diet as all the reviews I find seem to be more for advertising purposes.... (Opinions could be slightly one sided) it sounds like the kind of diet I'm looking for if it actually works, like most of us I hate putting on fat so to be able to maintain a lean status and bulk would be the dogs dangly bits

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Whats good brother!!

You aren't going to find a "book" on carb back loading BUT you can find about it at the following:

Look up Moutain Dog Diet by John Meadows, or ANYTHING by him at all

Or the Carb Back Loading by DH Keifer (he is who started the craze)

I think Carb Back loading is the BEST for bodybuilders and those looking to maintain their physique and still be a FREAK.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I myself use the carb back loading diet and ONLY run carbs before my workouts and after. Every other meal is protein and fat. Its helped me out big time and I feel my body works best with it, as I am prone to getting fat with too many carbs (YAY Endomorphs)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
wouldnt that be more of a timed carb diet?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
wouldnt that be more of a timed carb diet?
Yes and NO, but a lot of it involves more fat in take and also increased protein consumption, so you consider it more of a timed carb diet as well as a carb back loading (many different names for a similar diet)

But I know John Meadows a BIG believer in carbs pre, peri (or intra) and post workout. With everything else revolving around fat and protein

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
Yes and NO, but a lot of it involves more fat in take and also increased protein consumption, so you consider it more of a timed carb diet as well as a carb back loading (many different names for a similar diet)

But I know John Meadows a BIG believer in carbs pre, peri (or intra) and post workout. With everything else revolving around fat and protein
Thanks a lot for the response bro, will look him up now, and seeing as your already an experienced user.. With your permission I'll drop you a pm if I get really stuck with anything? ;) do you feel you drop body fat this way or just maintain it? I'm 18% at the min and looking to hit 10%

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Thanks a lot for the response bro, will look him up now, and seeing as your already an experienced user.. With your permission I'll drop you a pm if I get really stuck with anything? ;) do you feel you drop body fat this way or just maintain it? I'm 18% at the min and looking to hit 10%
IF YOU DO the diet right, and follow it. Two things should happen, as they have with me

1. You tighten up a TON (so your body fat should drop and look tighter)
2. Your strength should either remain the same or increase.

I like this approach to dieting because one of the major things that I have noticed is a better way of sleep at nightYeah man, feel free to hit me up if you have need to know more.

dazzvxr

dazzvxr

Awards
IF YOU DO the diet right, and follow it. Two things should happen, as they have with me

1. You tighten up a TON (so your body fat should drop and look tighter)
2. Your strength should either remain the same or increase.

I like this approach to dieting because one of the major things that I have noticed is a better way of sleep at nightYeah man, feel free to hit me up if you have need to know more.
Sounds great, is there a priming period for this diet like there is with kiefers version? Also how did you work out your carbs? 1-2g per lb of body weight?

Thanks again

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
There are some specific details to Keifer's program. But in a nutshell:

1) Fast for 12 - 14hrs
2) As much black coffee as you want
3) Break fast with 1 tbs coconut oil, 10 - 15gm of whey iso
4) Ultra-low carb (30gms or less) / high fat / moderate protein until post-workout -- he prefers late afternoon training
5) After training eat carbs (1 to 3 meals)
6) Start with 2gm per lb carbs -- use only high GI carbs

For more details you should buy the book. Its interesting and worth the price.