How to gain weight ???

lucas1992

Awards
I am 21 year old male 8 stone 4 pound 5 ft 5 i want to gain at least a stone in weight i eat **** loads of food and all the right stuff I'm constantly feeling sick i eat that much but for the life of me i cant gain weight what am i doing wrong any help please

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I am 21 year old male 8 stone 4 pound 5 ft 5 i want to gain at least a stone in weight i eat **** loads of food and all the right stuff I'm constantly feeling sick i eat that much but for the life of me i cant gain weight what am i doing wrong any help please
Use more calorie dense foods

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Round a out 3500 cal a day
Is that tracked or estimated? More often than not, people overestimate how much they're actually eating. Unless you're tracking your intake daily, then you may or may not be near that number and could be closer to 2500 per day.

lucas1992

Awards
Just a guess with what a eat i dont try keep a eye on everything i eat and calculate my intake but don't seem t be gaining any foods i can look out for or snacks as i have a kinda busy work day??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a guess with what a eat i dont try keep a eye on everything i eat and calculate my intake but don't seem t be gaining any foods i can look out for or snacks as i have a kinda busy work day??
If it's just a guess, then I can confidently say that you are overestimating how much you are actually eating. The choices you make for particular foods is up for personal debate as everyone has their own philosophy, but I lean towards eating more calorie dense foods such as whole eggs, chicken thighs, whole milk, etc.

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
I'm at 4000cal PD and still having problems staying up (230-250lbs) mostly because of my sleep, depends on your metabolism and what kind of food your eating. Sleep and alcohol consumption play a role in your weight. You will never gain weight on salads and veg, something to think about pound the complex carbs.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The only way to gain weight is to eat more calories than your daily maintenance allows. This will be eating
at least a surplus of 300 to 500 calories per day to get your weight to rise. I would suggest eating heavy
foods like protein and carbs to do a mass gain. IF you have a high metabolism you will need to eat more meals

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
your activity level may be to blame...a fast metabolism coupled with even moderate activity throughout the day can stop gains....i believe that hardgainers often both miscalculate the amount of calories they need to compensate for metabolic rate and also overestimate how many calories they actually consume.....5000 in a day isnt a huge deal, but 5000 calories EVERY DAY is difficult and thats what it will take to succeed. consistency.